We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

Provo
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Topic
Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

Tropical Imaging went around and snapped some photos of resorts in the various areas of Grace Bay, they are posted on their blog:

…tropicalimaging.com/2008/…more-2515

These were taken MONDAY morning less than 24 hours after Ike had gone...so really before any clean up that would be going on this week!

If your resort is not on here, be assured that it is fine as well. Some of the resorts are closed in September usually and in all honesty the Tropical Imaging staff needed to get their office in order but wanted folks to get a general idea of the resorts...

The beach is looking mighty inviting!!!

TN
Level Contributor
63 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

a picture is worth a thousand words...or a thousand threads on tripadvisor. thank you...very helpful!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

Thanks Goldilocks and Tropical imagining. This is such a pretty site to see. Great Pictures :) they made me smile

If you have a trip planned GO Have a Great Time

PLEASE.. Then when you get back write up a nice long trip report for us all to read.

bermuda....provo
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

Awesome link Goldilocks! It's a great way to show everybody how really lucky we were here.

On another note, the restaurants in Turtle Cove are all up and running....at least until our scheduled Sept/Oct closing periods;-)

Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

shannon...

glad to know you and yours and sharkbite did okay...

wish we could get there before april...

peace and blessings...

Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

i forgot to say thanks so much for the photos...it's good to see all is better than imagined...

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

Thank you goldilocks!! You have made my day. I'm more confident now than ever to keep our scheduled trip. We leave two weeks from today! Can't wait!

bermuda....provo
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

Thanks Laura,

We were really very fortunate (some roof damage), and breathed a huge sigh of relief when we got to the bar on Sunday. I feel just awful for the poor people in Grand Turk and south Caicos, but the people of this island are rallying around them in a way that renews faith in humankind.

On yet another note, for people in Provo without internet, ours (Sharkbite's) is up and running and you are free to bring your laptops in and use it.

Denver Colorado
Level Contributor
330 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

Thanks Goldilock and Tropical Imaging. I can not wait to get back to this beautiful island and all of its special people.

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
782 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

Hi Shannon,

Not sure if you remember me, but my boyfriend and I are headed down there still over New Years. I sent Doug an email just after the (last) hurricane and didn't head back so was wondering if you knew if everything was fine over at Grace Bay Place?

Things are looking pretty amazing still, we can't wait!

Janine

bermuda....provo
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Photos of Grace Bay from Monday morning:

Hi Julie,

I think Doug might not have had internet for a while, as a few of us still don't. But, having said that I went by Grace Bay Place, and it looks the same really, a few palm fronds in the pool and a bit more spacious looking but no real structural damage. By the time New Years rolls around you will be laughing!

As I will reapeat over and over again, we got very, very lucky!!

Oh, and I cannot remember if I told you this, but Doug's Mom says he has t take you to IGA..LOL!

Cheers,

Shannon