We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about St. Croix

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Question about St. Croix

Hey guys, I haven't posted lately, but still stop by a few times a week to see what's happening. I'm especially curious to find out about how the Beaches guests fare...

But today I have a question for you about St. Croix. We are considering a March trip to a warmer clime, and are considering St. Croix. We love love loved TCI,(and my husband has promised me we'll return within the next few years) but are looking for something less expensive.

Anyway, my husband used to be in the Navy, was a submariner, and his boat stopped in St. Croix once. He said it was so beautiful that he has always wanted to return someday. Just now, he admitted that the water isn't as pretty as Provo, but he thought the island's overall landscape was nicer.

So, why am I asking the Turks and Caicos forum about St. Croix?

1) I respect your opinions and know that you have good taste

2) You can tell me if I'd be disappointed by it after Provo. That is, any of you who have gone to both.

I thank you in advance. :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
835 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about St. Croix

Going to Provo...

I think you'll get more feedback on StCroix at a forum called www.traveltalkonline.com.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about St. Croix

Whilst I live here on Provo...I have been to St. Croix as well as most all the Eastern Caribbean Islands. St. Croix is very different from Provo. We stayed at the Columbus Landing Marina which is at the entrance to the Salt River. The scenery is very lush. I just love the Mahogony Road. You should go...Your husband is correct...I think the waters around TCI are magnificent. Totally different but just a beautiful.. Anna

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about St. Croix

Thank you expat2006 and Provoanna. I appreciate your help. I'm still strongly considering going to STX.

Thanks again!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about St. Croix

I went to St. Croix about 8 years ago, stayed at Carombola Resort. It's the setting at the end of a movie called "Trading Places" with Eddie Murphy. It's completely different than Provo, the landscape in St. Croix is very nice. My favorite beach was at Buck Island, it was stunning. We day sailed to it, snorkeled with schools and schools of fish, and the backdrop of all of St. Croix from Buck Island really made it special. There is a user here and on Fodors.com named HowardC. He loves T&C, and Anguilla, actually just retired to St. Croix. You should send him a pm, he'll be a great source.

will you be disappointed? No, it's different, not dissapointing!

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about St. Croix

Thank you, Blamona, that is most helpful. And Trading Places- boy, I don't think I can even count how many times I've seen that!

Buck Island does look really beautiful. On the STX TA forum, folks are consistently raving about it, saying it's the best part of their trip.

And thank you very, very much for giving me the gentleman's name. I will PM him. If he likes TCI, Anguilla, and decides to live in STX, that's a good sign. :)

Thanks again,

gtp.

6. Re: Question about St. Croix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 08:16