We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions: Sands Grace Bay

phl
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Questions: Sands Grace Bay

We are planning a trip in June for 2 adults and 2 children (12,10) and considering a 1 bedroom unit. My children don't want to sleep together on the pullout sofa. Is there room for a queen size air mattress while the sofa is pulled out? Is there a TV in both the living room and bedroom and are there any kid's stations? Do you have any recommendations for restuarants that are family oriented? (chicken tenders, burgers, pizza, etc..) Is there any ice cream shops on the island? Any idea of what a gallon of milk, loaf of bread, or a dozen eggs may cost at IGA? Our kids would prefer Beaches but that is out of our budget. Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks!

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions: Sands Grace Bay

The Sands would be a very good alternative to Beaches. We became interested in Turks and Caicos because of Beaches, but decided that we didn't want to go AI. We chose Sands instead and had an absolutely fabulous time. I would say that there would almost definitely be room for a rollaway bed in the living room, though those are twins. You could probably fit a queen-sized air mattress in the living room of a one bedroom. The Sands' rollaway is a good option, though, because it's not a fold-in-half uncomfortable mattress, it's a real twin, the kind that you stand upright when not in use.

There are tvs in the master bedroom and in the living room. There will be 1.5 baths. The half bath will have a washer/dryer which comes in very handy.

I' m not sure what you mean by kids' station. There are really nice pools, small lazy river, a waterfall or two in the Sands pools. Also, there are small catamarans and other non-motorized watersports included at the Sands, which I bet your kids will love.

Kid-friendly- Da Conch Shack, Saltmills diner, Hemingway's, Pizza Pizza, Giggles ice cream (all of those except Conch Shack are within walking distance of the Sands)..

Gallon of whole milk was almost $9 in August 2008, 2% was less than $6 for some reason. Loaf of bread was $3-4, eggs around $2, I think.

Feel free to ask some more questions. We were there with our toddler.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
6,984 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions: Sands Grace Bay

The Sands would be a great resort for your family.

Love the property and the resort has recently been updated with the suites. Also like the screened in terraces and porches.

Hemingways has a good casual style restaurant.

Groceries are about 1.5 the cost that they are at home.

The Sands is totally worth consideration.

Mike

3. Re: Questions: Sands Grace Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 06:27