We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

I will be traveling to Turks and Caicos in May with my fiance who would like to relax (He will be home from Iraq for two weeks) he would like to stay all inclusive, but as I've been looking the only thing I've seen is Beaches, and we'd prefer to stay at an Adult-Only resort. I am not familiar with Turks and Caicos, not sure which part of the island to stay, or if there is a smaller island to go to... We want beautiful water that we can swim in! And seclusion would be nice! If anyone can give me some ideas or help me out I would appreciate it!

Also were not stuck on Turks and Caicos, we were considering Bali or New Zealand, we would just prefer the shorter flight as we'll be leaving from Boston... any help would be great!

Thanks,

Rebecca

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

I can't think of a better way for you and your fiance to relax. T&C definitely has stunning water that's great to swim in.

There are many great places to stay. If you give us an idea of your budget we can surely steer you in the right direction.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

Budget doesn't really matter, I was hoping for less than $500 a night as were going to stay for 11 nights, but were flexible with it...

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

I have been to Bali and New Zealand, and I've been to T&C many times. All 3 destinations are completely different from each other. I have also seen you have been to Fiji and Cabos, which I have also been. Again, completely different.

I was trying to get a feel for what you like, but I can't narrow it down! If you tell us more, maybe can better help you?

T&C is about the beach and water-it was made for relaxing, not much to do. But ahhh what water it is, the prettiest in the world. The resorts are all nice, not a bad place to stay.

My opinions, but New Zealand is active. Bungee jumping, glacier hiking, geysers, boat rides through canyons, 4x4 through winding crazy mountains.

Bali is all about culture, it's lush and exotic. Nice beaches, beautiful resorts, you feel like you're in another world.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

I have been to Bali and New Zealand, and I've been to T&C many times. All 3 destinations are completely different from each other. I have also seen you have been to Fiji and Cabos, which I have also been. Again, completely different.

I was trying to get a feel for what you like, but I can't narrow it down! If you tell us more, maybe can better help you?

T&C is about the beach and water-it was made for relaxing, not much to do. But ahhh what water it is, the prettiest in the world. The resorts are all nice, not a bad place to stay.

My opinions, but New Zealand is active. Bungee jumping, glacier hiking, geysers, boat rides through canyons, 4x4 through winding crazy mountains.

Bali is all about culture, it's lush and exotic. Nice beaches, beautiful resorts, you feel like you're in another world.

If all you want is to relax, T&C definately fits the bill. Great romantic restaurants, fun and secluded excursions. and the most incredible turquoise you'll ever see.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

Although I can only dream of Bali and New Zealand, I agree with Blamona -- tell us more of what you like to do while on vacation.

Is it important that shoreline snorkeling be within easy walking distance?

Do you need shops and restaurants in walking distance? Do you plan to rent a car?

Fortunately, the T&C offers many miles of sugar-white sand and beautiful water you can swim in. It's just a matter of choosing the best place for you to stay.

$500 per night is a good working figure.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

Well we've been to the South Pacific, Australia and Fiji, although Bali and New Zealand are definatly on the to do list, we are limited with time. We only have 12 days and don't want to spend a lot of it in air. We are leaving from Boston and would like a short flight, so were set on the Carribean for this round.

I've been looking around and I am thinking about splitting the week up between a few islands. Turks and Caicos is a must, because that is where the fiance wants to go for the majority of it. I was thinking possible St. Lucia and a few nights in Jamaica all inclusive before heading home... I am not sure about the flights in between islands because skykings website is down so it won't show the fares. But what I would like to know is what part of Turks and Caicos will have the best beaches, and where is the best place to stay? Were looking for seclusion, away from children. In the past we've stayed at Secrets/Dreams/those types of resorts, adults only, jacuzzi in the room, etc... were not worried about price, we can play around with it, more so just relaxing, with no game plan, like I said the fiance is coming home for R&R he is currently in Iraq... so he just wants to relax, and we'd prefer a beautiful beach that we can swim in!

Thanks so much for all your help, and the quick responses! I've been up for awhile trying to research!

Rebecca

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,847 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

I think I can speak for all of the Turks and Caicos Destination Experts by saying a big

"THANK YOU"

to your fiance for serving our country.

Ajax

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

I'm no expert, but I say 'thank you' as well- I'm sure you will both enjoy this well-deserved trip!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

A few places that come to mind that offer seclusion and relaxation and don't have many kids around are:

Higher end resorts

Point Grace www.pointgrace.com (very quiet, romantic and relaxing boutique hotel)

The Somerset www.thesomerset.com (gorgeous resort that has a special feel to it)

Grace Bay Club www.gracebayclub.com (has adult only

section)

More mid range:

Royal West Indies www.royalwestindies.com

Villa Renaissance www.villarenaissance.com (self catering resort - very quiet)

Hope this helps some.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling to Turks and Caicos in May for First Time...

To add to Intheburgs list www.turksancaicosclub.com

You might be able to fly over to Dominican Republic from PlS and maybe Jamaica & Nassua. Other than that you may have to fly back to Miami to get to any other Island.