We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impressions on Travel Channel show?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Impressions on Travel Channel show?

Well everyone...what did you think? Did Bridget do T&C proud?

Michigan
Level Contributor
118 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

I think she's a complete ding-bat!!! The show did show how beautiful the water was. Because I have never been Turks watching the show for the first time didn't make me want to go there...I just thought "thats nice". Reading the Turks and Caicos forums now that gets me excited! I love the journals, pictures, reports!! Maybe the travel channel should of read a little more of this forum. I could of also done without the volleyball stuff and showed more excursions or more of the island.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

I thought that Bridget was so painful to watch I had to turn it off after about 20 minutes!

Nikki Beach, with the models dancing on the bar, was pretty painful to watch too.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

I think it was rather misrepresentative of what Provo really is all about. Nikki Beach to be that much of a party place - I don't know. Can't say. But for Grace Bay - other than Club Med...I can't imagine seeing anyone dancing around like that!

You can perceive Bridget as a dingbat, etc. but girlfriend has two Masters degrees!!

I will agree that the show is not very engaging. And I'm a travel channel junkie.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

I think that they should have at least showed some part of Grace Bay....

I don't think that it will make people try conch if they have never had it....

Nikki Beach.....ugh, that is not Turks & Caicos !!

( How much did they pay the extras to make it look busy?...lol lol )

Providenciales
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

I agree with the other posts...I enjoyed the ride she did with Provo Ponies. It would have been nice to show her parasailing as you get a fantastic view of our Stunning Water. I thought the trip over to Ambergis Cay was a total waste. 99% of our Tourists will not go there. I felt very uncomfortable watching her in her Pirate attire, especially in those Boots!! Samantha Brown would have done our Islands justice.

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

Doesn't everybody bring black boots like that to Proveo? I was impressed Captain Bill could contain himself and still focus on finding the treasure.[must get myself a cute little pirate suit for my next trip]

IMO what a waste of on hour. Did not enjoy it at all.

Thats not what PROVO is about.........

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

I agree..it was so painful

I could not stand the voice of the host, and it was more about what small outfit she could wear and what double entendre could be used rather than showcase the island.

Capt Bill was a funny segment

And I dont know if this is going to come out right, and forgive me if I say it not PC, but they showed the island and everyone on it to be good looking white people.

Even at DA CONCH SHACK for gods sake!

Im sorry, but when we were there, there were alot of different people on the island who live there, most of whom were not white.

Just my 2cents.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

I felt the same way. It did not represent the T&C we love. I should have taken JustLaura's advice and watched it on mute.

virginia
Level Contributor
244 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

Bridget may have two master's degrees, but she comes off as total playmate bunny and that's it. I mean, could we PLEASE put on more clothes once in a while?!

I taped the show since we are going in August and my family is excited. My young daughters, ages 7 and 9, are going to be learning some new conch vocabulary tonight when we watch it! Hmmm -- wonder what the kids at school might have to say about conch genitalia. On second thought, I may need to do some serious fast forwarding!

Having said these negative things, I think T & C still comes off as an amazing beach destination. Was glad to see Provo Ponies (we are planning a ride). The pirate adventure cracked me up! My girls would have freaked if Bill came running out like that! :)

Centreville...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Impressions on Travel Channel show?

She has 2 Master's degrees?? Could have fooled me! She was quite annoying.