We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The "Green Flash" Photo...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
The "Green Flash" Photo...

Thought I'd share this with you all, as I know you will appreciate:

One of my frequently visited websites is called 'spaceweather.com'. It allows us to see when satellites, etc. will be visible the the human eye, etc.

This weeks feature is an article about 1/2 way down the page and shows a photo that someone caught of 'the green flash', who lives in the Cayman Islands

www.spaceweather.com

Atlanta GA
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

Thanks. Amazing picture. My family leaves 5/31 for our first to Provo and can't wait.

Herndon, VA
Level Contributor
731 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

Great picture. For years I thought my wife was "telling a tale" about seeing the green flash. This year I actually saw it on Sanibal Island, FL.

Thanks.

Ed

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

I've never seen the green flash. Now I know what it looks like. That photo is awesome.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

I've yet to see the "green flash," and wouldn't you know that the color hue on my computer doesn't show it either. :-(

I'll have to give it a look on my other (better) laptop...

Ed, you've given me hope, as I've also wondered if it's just a myth.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

My parents not only saw the green flash the FIRST TIME they went to Provo, but they actually caught it on video! I didn't believe it till I saw it. The video absolutely caught it.

I told them how elusive that was. It happened the first time they went to Taylor Bay at sunset. They thougt it was just a normal thing.

Things like this just happen to my parents. First time on Provo they film the green flash, manage to time the glow worm tour, are there during a lunar eclipse on a perfectly clear night and wind up having scotch on Keith Richards boat. I'm surprised Jo Jo didn't come up and dance on his tail for them.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

Dashnj, LOL too funny! Your parents must have some kind of travel luck charm.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

Thanks for the photo.

I saw it once in Key West, in fact, the first time I had ever heard about it. Didn't have a real appreciation for how rare it is at the time.

And, totally bummed everyone the next night at sunset when we told them we had seen it the night before (thereby seriously decreasing the chances of seeing it again)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

I always thought it was a fable.

But that is QUITE the scientific explanation!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

I look for it all the time and finally saw it on Sanibel Island Florida last week!

Denver Colorado
Level Contributor
332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The "Green Flash" Photo...

I have tried so many times to see the green flash but I either blink or clouds gets in the way:( Darn! I will keep trying though...it really does exist! Thanks Sher