We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados or Antigua compare to TC

new jersey
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barbados or Antigua compare to TC

Hey everyone. I know I can trust your feedback. I totally love TC but hubby says we have to try another island. We were there twice in a row, he wants to check out some other places. Seriously, is there better water than TC. Thinking of staying at Sandpiper in Barbados, not sure about Antigua. We are fairly laid back , alittle activity and a great beach. Not crazy about all inclusives. Can anyone do some comparisons for me. I am at a loss!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
16,000 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados or Antigua compare to TC

what time of year are you considering? Could make a difference in recommendations.

I have been to Barbados and Antigua. My opinion, water doesn't even come close to T&C's.

Places that have similar water are the flat dry coral based islands, such as Anguilla, and Out Islands in Bahamas. Cayman's come closeBarbuda and Anegada come close.

If you want something different, such as a hilly island, I would recommend St. John or Virga Gorda as an intro. They are hilly, but still have pretty turquiose water.

new jersey
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados or Antigua compare to TC

Thanks. Maybe I'll look into those as well. Thinking of going in February. Which did you prefer, Barbados or Antigua?? Thanks!!

New York
Level Contributor
294 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados or Antigua compare to TC

I've been having the same issue myself. I'm trying to figure out if I should book a trip to T&C which would be our third trip there in 5 years or go somewhere else as weather might be cooler there in winter as I'm looking into going January/February myself.

I looked at Antigua and Barbados too. Right now I'm actually looking into Aruba at the low rise area on Eagle Beach which is supposed to be quieter. Still can't come to a decision. I'm curious what you decide!

New York
Level Contributor
294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados or Antigua compare to TC

Sorry I forgot to second Blamona's post about Anguilla. I was there a few years ago. I stayed at a hotel (which is not there anymore as they tore it down to build villas) on Rendezvous Bay which was gorgeous and comparable to Grace Bay. I would love to go back there myself but it's hard to do Anguilla on a budget in high season. Anguilla also has great dining options. We loved the food there. BUT as long as you are not looking for nightlight. It's quieter than Provo.

new jersey
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados or Antigua compare to TC

Yes I will let you know what I decide. Anguila may be out of my budget, but I have heard its beautiful. The thing that catches my eye about Barbados is there is some history there, great houses, old churches. Also, wildlife sanctuary. Just not sure I am up for the cosmopolitanness( ? ). I really don't need tons of shopping yet the restaurants are supposed to be some of the best in the caribbean!Then of course Antigua has some pretty scenery, maybe better beaches than Barbados...but I'm not really sure about the beaches.If you go to Barbados forum, they tell you its better than Antigua, if you go to Anigua forum , they like that island better!!

6. Re: Barbados or Antigua compare to TC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2010, 05:22