We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

Just wondering...what is an average day for those of you who love beautiful beaches and are in search of a peaceful soul? Not trying to be strange, just wondering how some spend their days in paradise without the grind of daily existence....what does one do in paradise?

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

Float, read, walk, yoga, dream, soak in the warmth, drink in the beauty, many also drink in the Corona or Turks Head.

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

That's funny...I'm looking forward to finishing a book. Really want to see the stars too.

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

Hey, I noticed you went to Bermuda, how was it? That is one place we want to go..We have been to many of the islands and was wondering how much fun Bermuda was and how the beaches were.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

I didn't have a lot of time, I was on a cruise with my sister, mom & mother-in-law. I just don't get the cruise thing. We spent so much time on the boat getting to and from Bermuda and barely got to put our feet on the island before it was time to leave. Never again.

Bermuda was ok. I would go back in the summer. I want to check out a place called 9 Beaches for a long weekend. 9 Beaches looks like a neat experience & fun.

It's a cruise ship island, so right away that makes it busier. There was one little beach that was really cool, it had a cool snorkel cove. I avoided the big popular one that the entire cruise ship visited en mass. Sorry I can't remember the names. I know elbow beach was totally not my thing. I couldn't believe how short it was.

My sister and I grabbed a scooter and rode all along the sea avoiding the major roads and it was still pretty high traffic. The cliff views were pretty.

There were a couple nice places that we stopped for drinks and lunch that had private beaches that were nice, but not spectacular.

I'd have to have more time to explore the island to give it a fair opinion. I'm sure there are places that are awesome. Even though we rode off on our own we could only go so far in the time we had.

I saw enough to know it's not even close to TCI.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

Night sky at the beach is one of my favorite things. North Caicos night sky is heaven on earth.

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

When we first started going to Provo, we would do the same as Dash, the night sky is stunning! I guess now North would be the place. There were very few resorts, no light pollution. After dinner we would go out on the beach and just lay down and stare. We still do it today but the intensity is gone from all the surrounding light.........Getting back to the original question, we usually (at least my 2 sons and I, mother sleeps in) take an early morning walk, have breakfast, then typical beach stuff. We usually snorkel many times during the day, throw balls around,people watch. Since we are on vacation, we try to get a couple of excursions in, a couple of dives in, and look forward to seeing the many wonderful people we've met thru the years!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

Getting up early for a morning stroll down Grace Bay beach, Getting breakfast at Bay Bistro where you can sit and still have a view of the beach and ocean . Taking a half day snorkel excursion with Caicos Dream Tours, diving for conch and snorkel. When they stop at Half Moon Bay go off by myself to explore and take pictures.Your back by 1:00 grab a quick lunch and a couple drinks hang out by the beach all afternoon. Making dinner in the condo, so we can spend the night hanging out with the family playing on the beach and having a few cocktails with friends.

Perfect

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

First, we struggle to make it to breakfast before they stop serving at 10:00 a.m. (pretty pathetic, since all we have to do is fall out of bed, brush our teeth, and put on bathing suits.) LOL

We'll spend all day on the beach (wading, walking, snorkeling, and playing), and usually take two or three excursions during the week.

I'm always in charge of lunch, but we never seem to decide what to do until our stomachs growl. Occasionally, I'll hop in the car and drive to Club Sodax or Blue Hills for take-outs. That's always fun, because I get to throw back a cold beer with some Belongers while waiting for our orders.

End of the day, we enjoy a drink, shower, dress, and go out to dinner.

Hey, it ain't Disney, but it works for us. :-)

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

Tcimike & I are up about 6am and are out walking from The Somerset to the Leeward sign or further. Many mornings we see no one for the 1st 30 minutes...it's a 2 hour walk. Then we jump in the pool as we are usually warm. Then clean up for breakfast. We are on the beach by 10 am or so or take a ride to explore or shop , maybe hit Da Conch Shack. Most days it 's the beach for sun and reading. We like to walk to Plunge at The Regent Palms for lunch or next door to Bay Bistro..love the Conch Pizza..back into the sun ( or run down to see Ajax lol lol) then by 4 pm we move up to the pool for drinks and shade(Camke may stop by at that point or visit with Desi and family, lol) by 7 pm ready for showers and out to dinner (maybe meet Blamona, Potcake , Laura and the Bum). Go listen to NADA... After dinner, bathing suits on and a late/midnight swim ...fantastic! (Right Desi, like that July evening after O'Soleil ???)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Typical beach day for all you forum bloggers....

TCILOVER, you left out the part where you and TCIMike serve as the unofficial ambassadors of Grace Bay, and never, ever meet a stranger along the way. :-)

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos