We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The new restaurant :Vix

Providenciales
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
The new restaurant :Vix

As promised, we went to Vix last night...

It is located basically next to the Wine Bar and has both inside and outside seating. The menu is "Mediterranean", I would say. The Ginger Chick Pea soup was fabulous. My husband said the NY strip was the best he's ever on island because it had no fat nor gristle. I had a chicken with green olives, almonds, butternut squash sort of stew which was very tasty. The service was very attentive. I believe that you can look at the new dining guide online....

So.....another choice! I'd give it an "A"!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

Sounds fantastic, Thanks for the review. I will be giving it a try in the future.

Edited: 06 December 2009, 17:35
New York
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

Thanks SO much for the review! I cant wait to try it.

It is SO nice to have all of the dining options.....

Another one to add to our list....

Providenciales
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

Thanks for the update. That area is fast becoming the 'in' spot in Provo: Wine Bar, Vix, Danny Buoy's Salt Mills - all within easy walking distance of each other and from most resorts

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

Dejs,

Would you put this in the "foo foo" category of restaurants? It's hard to tell from their listing on WWH. I love creative food, but I also like to feel like I ate a real meal. We may try it either way since it is new and different, but it will determine if I need to make sure I eat a big lunch that day.

Thanks!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

Um...not sure what you mean by "foo foo" category. Personally, I love to have lots of small dishes rather than one large, but that's just me. However, the portions seemed "normal" (large to my eyes and stomach). I forgot to mention that my husband also had a pasta/sausage dish that was very large and they have a category of fish/chicken/beef with options of lots of sauces (parsley butter, bearnaise, and at least several others that I can't remember but that struck me at the time as creative). Oddly enough, I didn't see the "chocolate soup" nor the fruit dessert that was featured in WWH. Strange to have it in print to entice diners but not on the menu....ah....you gotta love Provo!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

Here is my definition of foo foo food: It is taller than it is wide, it doesn't come close to filling the plate it is served on, you go home hungry, and my wife (DashNJ) doesn't like it. ;-)

Toronto
Level Contributor
169 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

I wanted to try Vix when I was there but ran out of time. Good to know. I'll have to add it to my list for next time. Nice to have an almost "live" commentary. :-)

Oh I miss Provo already. lol

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

Just ate at Vix...Very good food... Joebwan, it wasn't foo foo food so you and Dash should be safe. I had the chicken Tangine which I very much enjoyed and the hubby made his own surf and turf (NY strip and 10oz. lobster tail)which resulted in him actually ordering two meals. Yes...he is a growing boy :-) The roasted butternut squash was sweet as candy. Everything was tasty with a nice presentation and friendly staff. Would recommend!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

Thanks for the update IntheBurgh...wish I was you right now. We'll check it out next week and report back too.

Allentown...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The new restaurant :Vix

My wife and I went to Vix a couple of days ago for a light dinner. I chose the Vix Burger (shrimp and calamari) and she had the smoked salmon sandwich. The Vix Burger was one of the most peculiar things I have ever tasted. It was rather soggy, not caramelized at all, and tasted like lightly herbed mush. There was no seafood flavor whatsoever. This item needs to be rethought or dropped from the menu. My wife enjoyed her salmon sandwich and said it was excellent. Service was OK, but not exceptional. Prices are a little on the high side - around $60 for two sandwiches and one glass of wine, including service and taxes.