We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to RWI tomorrow

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coming to RWI tomorrow

We are coming to T and C tomorrow and staying at the RWI oceanfront studio. Besides deepwoods and a flashlight, what else should I bring? Packed my smile and excitement already!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

Suntan lotion, Bikini, camera, both above and underwater types, your appetite, A bottle of your favorite tipple from duty free, some snacks for your room if you have space, bring a few zip lock bags to store opened snack items too. a good book, sunglasses. Yourself.

Enjoy.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

Time to pack!

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

I am going to T & C in February, staying at RWI Oceanfront...I was just wondering what you thought? Any advice?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

Bev-bring dryer sheets and a few paper plates. I also brought a few of those red plastic beer cups for walks down the beach with a beverage and then dispose of the cup. Bring something for heat rash/sunburn. Have a good time and please have a dirty Banana and conch fritters at the bar for me. Also, ask Nadia at the bar about her latest boyfriend and what he's bought her now!

Becky-My thoughts are that you made a great decision. We stayed in 123, second floor ocean front studio, directly facing the ocean in building 1 and I couldn't have asked for ore.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

ooppsss.. for more...

Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

don't forget a small collaspable cooler for bringing down to the beach full of beer or frozen concoctions...we actually always bring our plastic washable disney insulated cups with covers for walks down the beach and sitting on the beach...perfect for keeping frozen drinks cold and cover with straw good for not spilling or getting sand inside...but we have saying when in provo... "sand happens" ...can't avoid it...

have fun...

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
572 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

I was glad for a small, waterproof zip up pouch that I could put my dive card, a few bucks, lipstick, chapstick, etc. and put it in my beach bag - kept everything together and sand-free.

I would recommend taking your own mask and snorkel - you know they fit, they're inexpensive and you never have to worry who used it before you!

Also, a small pad and a pen was nice - no paper in our unit to write on. Finally, lots of ziploc bags for wet suits and other miscellaneous needs came in handy.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

Ya know the waterproof container that Sarah mentioned is probably my favorite 'most don't item'. I actually got a waterproof, plastic container (about the size of 2 decks of cards)from our dive shop and you could fit money, key, comb, credit cardetc. Great for walking the beach when you want to get in the water.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

BeckyW2770

I really love RWI. It is more economical than a lot of the other resorts. and they have done a wonderful job with a smaller narrow lot.

The gardens are beautiful. There is no construction going on around them. The Restaurant is probably the best value for money right now. I love their Sushi and lobster tail.

The condos are probably the smallest out of all of the resorts, but the place has a nice intimate feel about it.

It is also very easy to walk to a lot of other great restaurants, both casual and very upscale.

Have a wonderful time

Wenatchee...
Level Contributor
440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coming to RWI tomorrow

I am so excited. We are actually staying in 123 as well!! Thanks, all your tips have been most helpful.