We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to North

philadelphia
6 posts
Save Topic
Ferry to North

We are staying in North for 2 weeks. My question is this, how much does the ferry charge for grocery. I plan on stopping at the local IGA buying food, a few cases of wine and liqueur then taking everything over.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to North

I have never seen them charge for bringing groceries/packages over from Provo. As long as you do not have an excessive amount I would think it is ok. We have carried over a couple of boxes of groceries in addition to luggage and had no charge.

You could email them at: info@caribbean-cruisin.com to make sure, and you should make a reservation since they sometimes fill up.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to North

There are restaurants, grocery stores and liquor stores on North. The TCI Ferry does charge for extra luggage/boxes but it is not much and they help you load and unload. If they do not charge you will want to give the guys a tip.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
775 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to North

That's a great idea to bring stuff over although you can get stuff in North as well. The ferry service is quite prompt and well organized, sure you'll have good fun with it all.

Toronto
Level Contributor
472 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to North

When I last looked at the Caribbean Cruisin website, before our visit to North Caicos in Nov. 08, there was information about baggage allowance and charges for extra items. I couldn't find that information now. I know that they charged us extra one way, but not the other. We didn't have groceries, as we stayed at Pelican Beach Hotel. We had exactly the same items (suitcases and a backpack) coming and going! They were responsive by email, responding to questions when I was arranging our trip; and I was able to make a reservation in advance.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to North

Save some of your shopping for the North businesses. It's part of the experience and it supports the local merchants.

I can't imagine not doing our treasure hunt at the local stores.

6. Re: Ferry to North

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 07:16