We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So why am I still here?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Topic
So why am I still here?

Tell me why?? I just came back from my evening walk. The process to get ready?

Put on long underwear. Two pair of socks tucked into winter boots. Fleese sweater before I put on the heavy duty Columbia jacket. Next step, search for the warm mitts, hat and scarf.

Return home with runny nose and bright red cheeks!

All the while thinking of lying on the beach on Grace Bay and digging my toes into that beautiful soft sand! And maybe a little NADA playing in the background!!

Such wishful thinking!!!

Can't wait until my next visit!!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So why am I still here?

I think the same thing everyday during winter. I need a GB fix stat!

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So why am I still here?

Maca,

We have been lucky here in the GTA, just got our first real snowfall this past week, even had a green Christmas. We had to travel to Georgian Bay for the white Christmas! But I am with you.

On an unrelated note, my parents enjoy live music, so what type is NaDa? I am pulling together some info for our Feb trip. Thanks!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: So why am I still here?

I think your parents would enjoy NaDa. They're a duo (Nadine & Daniel) that play what I would call "easy listening".

I know you can catch them at the Mango Reef on Tuesdays - 4:30 - 6:30 pm and at the Seven Stars on Thursdays and Saturdays. They are definately worth going to see them at least once while you're there!

Enjoy!

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,040 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So why am I still here?

You can also find NADA at O'Soleil on Fridays.

I have bought 4 of their CDs and listen to them to remind me of Turks.

Eleven days and counting.......sorry to rub it in......no I'm not!

LOL

Mike

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: So why am I still here?

So Nada are not playing at Somewhere anymore ? I saw a post that there is another group there but wondered if Nada might still be there 1 night a week ? doesn't sound like it though...

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: So why am I still here?

Oh Mike, you are so cruel !! :)

What I would give to get out of this snow and cold weather right now. But, I have to wait until the fall to get to return to TCI. I guess I shouldn't complain though because when I do get to go it'll be for 22 days!! Yeah!

Enjoy your trip Mike - the countdown is always so much fun!

Provodreams - I'm pretty sure they no longer play at Somewhere anymore.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,040 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So why am I still here?

Maca81,

I know how much winter is a pain for all of us Upstate New Yorkers and Canadians. We enjoy walking along a lake all winter too......but can not wait to be in our shorts and no shoes walking on beautiful Grace Bay beach.

And.....the count down is great. 11 days and we will be on the beach.

Hey.....it's been an entire year since we have been there......and to us....that is considered a hardship! LOL

Mike and TCILover

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
370 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So why am I still here?

Lol! NaDa sounds wonderful. I will definitely check them out one night. I think there is a reggae band at Somewhere.

tcimike - 11 days!!! Fantastic. Have a wonderful trip! Yes, 1 year is a hardship indeed!

maca - Wow, 22 days in TCI. I know it seems so far away, but 22 days....... nice :)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: So why am I still here?

Mike,

Okay, you're off the hook since it's been a year for you! I thought you were there every 3-4 months! :)

I know what you mean about walking along a frozen lake as we do it all the time too.....but Lake Ontario just isn't the same as Grace Bay!!!!

Enjoy your vacation!!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: So why am I still here?

MrWagnerMilton,

Enjoy NADA!!

Yes, I'm fortunate to get to go to TCI for 22 days! I had to do a major sell job on hubby as it meant he had to give up his "boys" week away.....but, I won out in the end!

Have a great vacation!