We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

I will post a trip report tonight and include some photos and videos of our suite and Taylor Bay.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

Please don't tease for long!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

Chanting....we want a trip report....we want photos.....we want a trip report....we want photos....!!!! Welcome home. :)

Edited: 22 February 2011, 23:14
Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

We were traveling with my parents on this trip. We were originally supposed to stay at West Bay Club, but due to a minor glitch, got re-routed to Seven Stars. We booked through Turks and Caicos Reservations and would highly recommend them. My parents stayed in a 1 bedroom garden view suite, and my husband and I in a garden view junior suite. My parents were in the Alhena Building, which is building #1, and we were in the Maia building, which is building #2. We used Gloria's taxi to and from the airport (the Corolla that we rented would not hold the luggage of 4 adults).

SEVEN STARS:

You cannot beat the geographical location of this property, especially if you enjoy walking to various restaurants, the grocery store, and other shops. The three buildings are seven stories high, and while not something that I am a fan of on a flat, scrubby island, the resort itself is really quite beautiful and impeccably maintained. Our rooms were absolutely gorgeous and clean. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to please and provide good customer service. We are currently dealing with a minor issue pertaining to an error in billing, but we are pursuing the matter through our credit card company. No big deal, just a minor hassle. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Our matter will get straightened out with the credit card company and I am not here to complain about this minor issue. Drinks are pretty pricey, when compared to other resorts and restaurants. Mixed drinks such as pina coladas are $13.00 plus taxes and tip.

One little note: Maybe it was just where our room was located (room 2601), but it was surprisingly noisy until about 11:30pm. This was from the restaurant Seven, which played music, as well as from some other unknown sources (Calico Jack's?). It was interesting because I notice that some are worried about noise while staying at RWI from Club Med. RWI is super quiet compared to SS. Not a big deal, but due to the cool weather at night, we had the balcony window open and could hear a lot of noise well into midnight. I am a light sleeper and had no trouble falling asleep (the Turks Head Lager helped out!).

FOOD:

We got to try some new places, well, new for us, since we always travel here in September when some places close down for the month of September. We had lunch at Pelican Bay at RWI, Las Brisas in Chalk Sound, Plunge at the Regent Palms, Hemingway's at the Sands, Sharkbite in Turtle Cove, West Bay Club, and the Sand Dollar at SS.

We had dinner at Caicos Cafe, Jimmy's Dive Bar, appetizers at The Deck at SS the night that NaDa played (Thursday for us, they played again on Saturday), Bay Bistro on my birthday, Bella Luna, and Hemingway's. I think our best meal, according to all four of us, was, hands down, Bay Bistro. The cats were well fed that night too! My husband ate lobster tail at Caicos Cafe, Bella Luna, and Bay Bistro. He declared Bay Bistro as the best. I especially enjoyed the home made ice cream, everything was so delicious. My mother wanted to come back the next night for the same meal. What a nice restaurant, and a gorgeous setting (the restaurant, not the actual hotel Sibonne - looks a bit run down).

WEATHER:

On the 14th, we arrived around 4:00pm and it had started raining. By the time we got settled in our rooms, walked over to the IGA just across the street, it was dinner time. It was also Valentine's Day and Seven, the main restaurant at SS, was packed. The other nights it was empty. We were tired, so we ordered in some food from Pizza Pizza. The 15th, we saw a day of rain, so we picked up the rental car from Grace Bay Rentals just across the street (they will also drop off and pick up your rental). We drove around the island and took my parents to RWI to show them where we had previously stayed. We had a nice lunch at Pelican Bay, but it was very quiet. A bit surprising, considering that RWI was booked solid, spilling guests over to Ocean Club or Ocean Club West. That night, we had a great meal at Caicos Cafe. Just lovely. It was very windy and cool at night. You definitely needed a sweater in the evenings. The 16th was extremely windy and cloudy on Grace Bay. We decided to head over to Chalk Sound and Taylor Bay for the morning. What a difference in weather! From wild wind on Grace Bay to a slight wind, sunny skies, and warmer weather, just 20 minutes away! Amazing. Taylor Bay and Chalk Sound were gorgeous. The view at Las Brisas was just beautiful. The 17th was a bit better, but still windy. The water was wavy and rough. When we had lunch that day at Plunge, further west along Grace Bay, the water was calmer there, as was the wind. We also encountered this on the 17th when we had lunch at Hemingway's. We encountered less wind and saw calmer waters. By the end of the week, the sun came out, but there were still some beach folk laying on their loungers wrapped up in towels in the mid afternoon. We ended up spending about 3-4 days during our stay at Taylor Bay and Sapodilla Bay where we encountered less wind, and warmer temps with sunny skies.

We popped in the saw our friend Alex at her art gallery. We also met up with Val at Turks and Caicos Reservations and got to meet him in person, along with the other staff. My dad connected with a gentleman that I met in September who grew up in Manitoba, the province that my dad first lived in when he came to Canada from Poland.

Overall, another great trip to the most beautiful place in the world. Due to the wind, rough waters and cooler temps, we think we need a "do-over", so plan to head out in June.

I will add a link to photos and videos.

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

Here is the album:

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

Nice report and photos - thank you! Glad you made the best of the not-so perfect weather. Looking at your photos, I miss being there so much - can't wait for June. :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

Thank you so much for posting your trip report! A great read!

And I must say - I really admire your attitude - not letting minor glitches ruin your holiday.

We had a similar credit card issue last year in Hawaii where our hotel placed a $1,500 hold on our card for 5 days. Sadly, this was most of our spending money but we made do eating cup noodles for a few days! Certainly didn't ruin our trip.

We'll also be heading to T & C in June - have a great trip back there!

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

I am really looking forward to the June trip after hearing so many good things about the weather and calm water. A rainy, windy trip, is still better than being at work any day.

Rockford, IL
Level Contributor
176 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

Thanks for the great report and lovely pictures!! I think it's great you were able to go to another part of the island 20 mins away to enjoy the sun and of course less wind. Something we will keep in mind if the weather is windy and rainy in April. Did you have any difficulty finding Taylor Bay? Happy to hear you will be spending more time at this beautiful location in June. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

Glad you had a great time and SS worked out for you, I think it's a beautiful resort. Your pictures were wonderful to look at this morning.

Where are you staying in June?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR - Feb 14 - 21 - Seven Stars

Thanks for posting your trip report and pictures. Can't wait to get there. Just wondering if Seven Stars has a Happy Hour.

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos