We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort or Villa !!!

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Resort or Villa !!!

Hi All,

Thinking of visiting the T & C for my 50th ( not till 2013 ),

Met some Canadians in Mexico & they said it was FAB .

Never been to the Caribbean before so all new to me ?

Probably about 14 adults and young kids.

What would be our best option,

Private villa or hotel/ resort !!

Many thanks

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort or Villa !!!

We have done both. A villa for 14 might be difficult. We rented Villa Sounion for 10 people. It was gorgeous. I think the price will be way up there if you rent a villa for 14. I do think that would be the way to go. I guess it is what you are willing to pay.

I will tell you one thing. It being your first trip to the Caribbean, the first site of Grace Bay will knock your sandals off!! We have been all over the Caribbean, Mexico and Hawaii and found Grace Bay to be the most beautiful of any beach we have ever seen. I do think it is the Island for you.

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort or Villa !!!

Hi Jerseygirl,

Thanks for your info,

Have you got contact for villa Sounion and what is it like???

If we pick resort which one !!!!!!

Regards Jersey Parkies ( the Channel islands )

Kernersville, NC
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort or Villa !!!

Our group consists of 12 adults and 5 teenagers and we're staying at Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas. The price would be reasonable for a group your size. This place consists of five 2-bedroom and one 1-bedroom villas. Another good option cost wise may be Aquamarine Beach Houses. Either location can handle your group. You would not all be under the same "roof" but you would essentially all be together.

We like the villa route with the large group. Have the beach area pretty much to yourself, play the music you like listening to, cooking a few meals together as a group, etc, Just kind of feels like it is your place.

http://www.atlanticoceanbeachvillas.com/

http://www.aquamarinebeachhouses.com/

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort or Villa !!!

You can search for it in the search bar on the top or go through the managment company, Villas Caribe. It is a beautiful 5 bedroom.6,000 sq foot villa, with a pool and a dock

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort or Villa !!!

For more large Villa options, look at www.tcvillas.com. We have rented from them several times, and they are great to work with.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort or Villa !!!

Villas Caribe does not manage Sounion. They are not a management company. They are a booking agency. The villa is managed by someone on island. You can book this villa through many different agencies on line.

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort or Villa !!!

lobomago, When we rented it we went through the owner. Now when I googled VS it brought me to the Villa's page but on the right side it said the Villa is rented through Villas Caribe and gave their phone number. It gave no other contact info other than Villas Caribe. I was surprised when we rented it, we dealt with the owner, a British banker. That was 5-6 years ago.

Edited: 20 March 2011, 15:01
8. Re: Resort or Villa !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos