We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Long story short... I won a 7 night free stay at Villa Del Mar last year. Since we had just returned in October and with the holidays approaching, we just could not get back until the spring. I knew my chances of losing the free trip was inevitable because it was for the month of December, however, thought I would take my chances and inquire. Sure enough, the trip had expired. Oh well, we will try and stay at VDM anyway, at some point, since it has been on my radar for awhile.

Sunday afternoon, Alan Lawley, Director of Operations and Development at Villa Del Mar, called me at home to resolve our situation by offering a very nice discount on a suite. Our conversation led to the lost free trip. Business is business and I was in no way bitter about losing the free trip.

Alan Lawley just called me at home this morning and told my that he will reinstate the 7 night free trip! We plan on going to VDM in May and look forward to staying there. Great communication, people skills and service already!

COMMACK, NY
Level Contributor
363 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

We met the charming Alan in Feb. when we stayed at VDM. I am NOT surprised that he has extended your 'freebie'. Enjoy!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Your going to love it Ajax.... I did. :-) I put in for the same contest. Congrats on winning, and getting the extension on the prize. Nice customer service.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Wow - wonderful news for you and great customer service by the Villa del Mar!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Very nice of Villa Del Mar! We have always enjoyed our stays there.

I hope you pick the right week in May...

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Wow - enjoy your stay! That was very nice of them! I guess you can plan an extra trip this year?

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Way to go Ajax!

So no Point Grace?

Mike

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Wow- lucky you Ajax!!! Congrats !!

That is excellent customer service on behalf of VDM !!! I bet a number of people reading your post will consider staying there because VDM cares!!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Thanks everyone! We are looking forward to this extra trip this year, and Villa Dell Mar seems to be a perfect fit. We have been wanting to stay there since camke came back with glowing reports and beautiful pictures. Since then, so many of you have stayed there and it's about time we did, as well.

The free trip was just icing!

tcimike, Point Grace is in July overlapping with IntheBurgh!

COMMACK, NY
Level Contributor
363 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Ajax, make sure you check out the post from laslototh re: one day sale on JetBlue. It's valid for your week in May, I think.

COMMACK, NY
Level Contributor
363 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great service from Villa Del Mar and I haven't even arrived!

Ajax, forgot to add, $399.60 all in rt is a great price from JFK, which is where I assume you'll be flying out of.