We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather for april 2-9

cape cod
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather for april 2-9

I hope what i just read on the weather channel isn't true?

I read that the weather was going to be rain for at least 4 days...It said 80% rain showers REALLY???? please say it ain't so...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather for april 2-9

Hi - try searching this forum for "weather". You'll see that the weather forecast almost always calls for rain, but it's often just one big cloud moving through. I've been there weeks where it's called for rain everyday and we didn't feel a drop!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
221 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather for april 2-9

what weather service are you looking at that showed rain? I didn't see that.....Hope it isn't true!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,967 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather for april 2-9

Don't believe any forecast that is for more than 24 hours from now, and don't even look at weather.com. It's a computer prediction, with no basis in reality.

I have found www.wunderground.com to be the most accurate, and they struggle with even the 24 hour forecast sometimes. It's a bunch of little islands in the middle of the ocean. Tough to predict unless it is a major storm coming at you.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
266 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather for april 2-9

We've been here 10 days. The weather report called for rain or thunderstorms almost every day and temps around 80. It has been SUNNY each day and has rained only during the night. We had one dark cloud pass over with about three raindrops one afternoon. It has been super hot - mid to high 80's every day - probably warmer than that today!

NYC metro
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather for april 2-9

When we went for a week last March I looked at the weather the night before we were to go and it said rain every day for a week. I panicked! In reality, We had one 30 minute shower the whole week and the rest was sunny and hot. So I would just ignore what you read!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,313 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather for april 2-9

My umbrella got rusty from lack of use and I threw it away. Some people do use them to keep the sun off your head.

Edited: 29 March 2011, 11:29
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
221 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather for april 2-9

looks like another good day here today.

I think only really big storm systems are predictable....smaller patterns, not so much.

cape cod
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather for april 2-9

Thanks everyone for making me feel better about the weather....

only 4 days till Paradise !!!

9. Re: weather for april 2-9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 05:17