We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busy? That's kind of worrisome

Antioch, Illinois
Level Contributor
250 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Busy? That's kind of worrisome

It has frightened me a little to hear camke say "it's busy, never seen it like this".

I hope our Provo isn't becoming to touristy.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

We were at Grace Bay President's Day weekend and it was by far the busiest I had ever seen it too. Hopefully it is just a peak season thing. We'll find out next month.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

Ok.....it is Easter/Spring break in the Northeast......

The economy is on the rebound.....

Folks have not been on vacation due to trying times....

More flights......

GMAB..... this week SHOULD be busy....give your worries a rest.

Signs of good times.

Hey....I bet Myrtle Beach is busy too this week!

LOL

Mike

New York
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

I know tcimike may be right BUT i have been watching the condo rentals since we came back in Jan. I must tell you its been BUSY.... We were going to make a trip march23-30 most resorts SOLD out!!! We then tried for next week again a lot were booked. We are going in May.... I am happy that it has been busier BUT i have to say i am a lil concerned on what my quiet alone time on the beach will be like..... LOL. I used to take vacation and my clients would say where is TC??? Now in the last two weeks i had 6 clients who either went or booked!!! We have been going to Provo since 1999 and never seen or heard of this much activity.... It must be the flights added.... We are going to North Caicos for the first time.. any information on Caicos Beach Condos??? I read reviews and seems to have change management???? We would like to stay over night to get a feel for it... Maybe this is our next quiet haven?? Any info on North Caicos i would be grateful! Thanks again.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

Dido,

On President's Day week North Caicos was busy too! Instead of zero people within eyesight on Whitby Beach on one day I counted 6. ; )

It is still very quiet over there, since there are only a couple of hotels and about 10-15 rental houses. I would not recommend Caicos Beach Condos. We tried it not expecting much and were very disappointed. Stay at either Pelican Beach Hotel or Hollywood Beach Suites. Both seem nicer and people I have met that were staying there enjoyed it. They are still very rustic but are well kept and the rooms look nice enough.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

Does it usually slow down in May?

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

yes.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

It's more than the TCI, flights, etc.

I have a good friend who works in the hotel supply business along the U.S. East Coast. He's seeing a major rebound based on one simple fact -- people are tired of sitting at home, and want to get away.

In essence, people are starting to say, "To Hell with our budget, we're going somewhere."

Great for the economy, probably not so good for personal debt. ;-)

And yes, it slows to a crawl, starting in May. That's why we like to vacation at that time.

Edited: 21 April 2011, 03:30
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

Thanks. Glad to hear since it will be the first time to drive on other side of road!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

No matter where we've gone in May, it seems to be a slow month...not to worry. We try to book after what the islands deem as busy season..seems like "slow season" usually starts after April 17th or sometime after.

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Busy? That's kind of worrisome

From what I am reading and what my friends that live on island tell me we 'oldies' who have been going to Provo for years and are used to it being quiet and serene are going to be somewhat surprised on our next visits. I think the tide has turned and it will now be busier than we have ever seen before.