We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Veranda Resort vs Sandals

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
908 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
The Veranda Resort vs Sandals

How does The Veranda compares to Sandals? Is the Veranda 24 hours all inclusive. Is it fully stocked in the room?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,544 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Veranda Resort vs Sandals

The "Sandals" at T&C is not a "Sandals", which is adults only, it's a "Beaches" which is part of Sandals but very family friendly.

Beaches is huge, waterpark, 16 restaurants, 3 villages, kids park and pirate ships, kids shows, Sesame Street characters food all day at different venues, xbox rooms, pool, ping pong, 4 pools, slides, non-motorized water sports, activities, etc. Beaches rooms are like typical hotel rooms.

Veranda is a quiet all inclusive. Luxury rooms that happen to include meals and all you can drink top shelf liquors. The rooms range from studio to full houses, most have full kitchens. No activities, no shows, 1 main restaurant 1 type snack bar and 1 major bar by the pool. It has 3 pools but they are small, and the pool areas are very chic. The have nightly buffets and you can order a la cart, but there are certain hours for food. (for example breakfast might be 7-10.)

Neither have stocked rooms. Why would they stock rooms when you have access to everything yourself? There are room levels where you can request to have some items in the room. At Veranda, the bottom of the line rooms you can request a fridge in the room, the 1 bedroom or highers have a full fridge.

In feeling they are completely different from each other. Beaches is all about kids, Veranda feels like a Four Seasons that happens to include food and drinks.

Are you stuck on AI? Overall, T&C's personality doesn't really go with AIs. The AIs there are on the expensive side, when compared to islands famous for offering AI. Nothing wrong with these AIs, just for the money there are some excellent luxurious resorts, and some awesome restaurants with terrific settings at other non AI resorts.

Funny thing about the AIs--these resorts cater more to the "masses" and are on the smallest stretches of the beach!

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
908 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Veranda Resort vs Sandals

I'm aware of no Sandals in TC and very familiar with Beaches. I was just curious about The Veranda and how the compare with Sandals Resorts. But, I got the answers from you.

No, I'm not stuck on AI. I only been to AI 3 tmes out of my 20 years of travel.

3. Re: The Veranda Resort vs Sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:18