We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another day in paradise

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Another day in paradise

The weather has been hot and not even a sprinkle of rain. The Grand Calabash is beautiful. The Regent Grand is a great place to stay. Yesterday we were the only people on the beach. The pool is outrageous and never crowded. I was afraid of the crowds this year and worried for nothing. The restaurants seem busier than previous trips. We ate at Somewhere for lunch. Great fajitas and fish tacos. Very busy area. Went to Ocean Club for lunch good fish and chips and my husband had a pizza. Sat at the bar and there was a nice breeze. We ate at Opus last night. The food was good and the atmosphere was great with live music. Caicos Cafe was very good. The new owner is a nice guy and the food was much better.Mango Reef was crazy busy. We got a table for two on a high private deck overlooking the beach. My open ravioli was great as usual. The service was not as good as previous years.They seem to overlook us up on our "perch". Bay bistro was excellent as usual. Very old Caribbean feel, which I love. Coco Bistro was very busy and the food and atmosphere can't be beat. The cat loved my salmon Ate lunch at Vix, just ok. Vino Tiempo has small tasting plates, which was fun and very comfortable in the A/C. Tonight we are going to Lemon and Bella Luna tomorrow. The time is just flying by.

COMMACK, NY
Level Contributor
351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another day in paradise

So happy to hear you're having a great trip! Don't you just love Coco, the cat? She def. eats well. Keep having fun!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another day in paradise

Jerseygirl

Glad you are having a nice vacation.

The Regent Grand is a very nice place with an amazing pool.

We have seen many suites there over the years.

Mike

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another day in paradise

Glad you are enjoying your stay! You are making me hungry for the open ravioli - we will definitely be trying Mango Reef at its new location. We are almost done with our layover in Miami. Hope to be on Island in a couple of hours!

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another day in paradise

IslandGirl see you tomorrow at 6:30.

Tcimike, Thanks and thanks to Lover too :-)

Lupy, We are having a blast. It is hard not to when you are at your most favorite place on earth. The weather is not as humid tonight as it has been, Heading to Lemon for dinner after the sunset.

Edited: 15 June 2011, 23:46
Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
450 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another day in paradise

Haven't visited TA for awhile and saw your post.....hope you are having a wonderful, wonderful vacation...how can you not when you are in paradise !! Tip back a nice cold one for me while you are there and enjoy !!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another day in paradise

Hope you are enjoying your trip. Your post made me hungry and anxious to get back and enjoy all the great places to eat! Happy travels!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another day in paradise

JerseyGirl had to leave paradise today :(. We had a great time meeting up with her, her husband & ScubaDave! We will have to meet up again next year! Today was another beautiful day here - we spent most of the day out diving at Northwest Point. Between dives we spent some time snorkeling near the Amanyara. We noticed they were doing a Victoria's Secret photo shoot there today on the beach. The water is so warm right now! Looking forward to another beautiful day in paradise tomorrow!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another day in paradise

Have a great time islandgirl. Start a new post about your adventures :-)

Can't wait to see your beautiful pictures.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another day in paradise

You guys have fun! I hope your husband got some good VS pictures 8 )

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another day in paradise

Did you happen to catch a peek of TciLover in that sexy Monokini, or the polka dot ruffle bikini ?