We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

Thinking about going in August. Traveling with four young adults ages 21-24. What is there to do for nightlife there?

London,Ont...
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

Catch a plane to Aruba.

Seriously. Provo is not a "nightlife" place.

Gansevort will be the best / only option there.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

Well, there is the Club Med resort... They have some forms of entertainment and dancing every night. CM is an all inclusive resort oriented for active people, with all kinds of sports and activities. It is an older resort and somewhat in need of renovation, although it is kept clean. Food is good, but more of the European style (CM is a French company) so don't expect big juicy steaks.

Outside of Club Med various other resorts have a small band or combo one or two nights a week, so the younger ones could visit the various resorts as the entertains rotate around them. Most of this entertainment is the "sit back and listen" style, not the "get up and dance" kind.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

Thanks!!!!!! Have been to Aruba and loved it twice.

Heard anything good about St.Martin?

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

My family and I were in St Maarten the last week of May and although we had fun, would not return. When we go on vacation we want to relax and recharge, be able to travel the island with ease and feel safe. In St Maarten there was a lot of traffic, moreso when the cruisers are in. On arrival it took us 1.5 hours to get from the airport to the villa we rented in the Dawn Beach area. I did not like the fact that there were people on the beach bothering you to buy items from them. My kids are 21-28 and my wife and I did not feel safe letting them roam the island on their own after dark. While we were out one night we were stopped at 2 seperate police roadblocks. Those are my thoughts and I'm sure others have a different opinion.

Turks and Caicos is our idea of a vacation and we can't wait to return on 11/25.

Edited: 21 June 2011, 17:52
New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

Thanks for that info!!!! Where did you stay in Turks & Caicos?

Were you children happy with the trip?

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

When we travel to TCI we always stay at Ocean Club West. My kids traveled to TCI with us once and they enjoyed it. We were always pretty active during the day and also went out some nights, but being outside in the sun and doing activities all day could wear your kids (young adults) out. Like others have mentioned they can get an evening pass to Club Med, where there are always things going on, head down to Somewhere to listen to the live music they have, over to Da Conch Shack on Thursday nights for live music. There is plenty to do if they want to find things to do, but as others have said, it's not like most other islands where there is a ton of nightlife.

I suggest looking at the link below which will give you an idea on places to stay, things to do and places to eat.

http://www.wherewhenhow.com/

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,239 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

Gansevoort might have a little more to do at night.

Will need a car from that location on the island for anything off site.

Mike

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

Other than Club Med, and maybe the expensive Gansevoort or a band at Somewhere On The Beach, you're taking them to the wrong island. Even those are on the mellow side, and end by midnight (except Club Med)

T&C is about relax and de-stress.

Does that mean 21 yr olds wouldn't like T&C? no, but really don't expect that age group type of nightlife.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

Thanks everyone. I agree. Island looks beautfiul but i think i will look into that just for my husband and I. I did start looking at Cabos San Luca the sea of Cortez. Anyiinput on that would be great!!!!

10. Re: Where to stay for young adults and nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos