We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
828 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

I could not find anything about para-sailing. Have not done it in many years, but we thought perhaps if they had the dual seats, we might try it. Any suggestions? Also, isn't there a type of submarine that goes around the reef?

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

Here is an article from WWW on the Undersea Explorer. For parasailing see Max who walks along the beach and he'll be able to set you up. They do have tandem seats as well.

wherewhenhow.com/turks-caicos-islands/…

A little further search found this.

http://www.caicostours.com/

Edited: 18 August 2011, 20:39
maryland
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

Yup, "marvelous" Max is the only way to go for para sailing.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

Parasailed last week with my 12-year-old. First time for him, second time for me on Provo. Wife and older son also parasailed a couple of years ago.

We went out with Capt. Marvin's parasailing this time, and were very pleased. Actually, it was the best experience we've had.

It'll be around $75 per person. If staying at a resort, check with the beach attendant first. He'll get the same commission as the dude walking up and down the beach, but you'll be well taken care of for the rest of your stay.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 19 August 2011, 03:44
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

We used the boat Sky Pilot- they were great. If you g oto my videos you can see one of my daughter and I in the air! The best experience.

have a ball! Gigi

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
755 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

Gone are the days when they used all 1500 feet of rope . . . :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

It's been a few years, but they sent me all the way up. The boat looked like a speck on the water.

Actually, I think they were trying to mess with me because I told them I had jumped from a couple of airplanes. :-)

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
755 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

Carib, I have one of those pictures too! A little sliver in the water. We could see all the way over the island, from Grace Bay. I've heard a rumor that the airport called and asked the parasailing company to lower their rope!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

Although I've been to the Hawaiian Islands numerous times, I have never considered para sailing there. We will be in Provo from 7/10-7/23 and I thought I would give it a try there. How far does the boat go out? Although I discovered ginger candy during one of my last trips to Maui (which worked miracles!), I still have concerns about motion sickness. Is para sailing NOT recommended for those who suffer from motion sickness? Who is Max anyway and where do you find him? Done zip lining countless times. Is para sailing more dangerous?

Thanks Much!

12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

We're here now and my 5 yr old went parasailing just 2 days ago. We used Skypilot and were pretty happy with them. I have motion sickness and although I didn't do it this time, I've parasailed before with no issues. They do seem to go higher here in Provo than some other places.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Para-sailing-Who is the best/most reliable?

Thank so much for your input! I bet your 5 year old was both literally and figuratively "ON TOP OF THE WORLD!"