We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parasailing

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
parasailing

hello,

I was wandering if there is any age restriction for parasailing.

Thank you!

Philadelphia area
Level Contributor
47 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parasailing

Hi - I am not sure about age limits as far as parasailing, but for those headed to Grace Bay I do NOT recommend the Sky Pilot company. Long story short, they are not reliable nor professional. We should have booked with Captain Marvin's for the same price ($150 for 2 /tandem)!

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,105 Reviews
Providenciales
Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: parasailing

Captain Marvin's is pretty good. When you are sitting on the beach, Max will walk by you several times a day with pamphlets. I just looked on their website and when I clicked on "reserve" it said children 0-2 are free and 3-12 are half price. Don't know if that just means on the boat or for parasailing. Max can tell you. I have seen some pretty young kids go.

http://www.nilavacations.com/Parasailing.htm

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: parasailing

Did it three times, and Capt. Marvin was by far our favorite.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parasailing

We have used Sky Pilot 2 times and loved them- what happened with you?

Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parasailing

Staying at The Sands and had an activites guy call for a tandem parasail for us. The boat showed up within minutes and we were off. It was Sky Pilot and I have nothing but good to say about the trip. They were professional and very nice to work with The flight time was much longer than I had expected and my wife a first time parasailer is now hooked on it. The boat captain was amazing in his navigation around the reefs and guiding us through awesome scenery around the bay. I would not disregard this group for a good time.

Mentioned in this post
The Sands at Grace Bay
The Sands at Grace Bay
1,989 Reviews
Providenciales
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: parasailing

We did Captain Marvin's....unfortunately, it was a very windy cloudy day and we had to be "reeled" in about half-way through the ride due to the fact that we both felt ill and we were getting poured on by rain. Not their fault though. We had booked the day before and didn't feel comfortable cancelling that morning even though the weather was less than stellar. I would just say, if you go, only go on a day that is nice and clear and not terribly windy. Your experience will be sooooo much better! And if you have a fear of heights it's probably not something you would enjoy as you are way up there. Just my two cents.

7. Re: parasailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:16