I'm finalizing some of our plans to Provo for November....and I've always considered getting trip insurance...but I guess in light of what's just happened to so many travelers due to Irene last week, we're definitely going to move forward with some coverage.
So, just a few questions on trip insurance:
1) I've been to www.insuremytrip.com (thanks to some recs from here on TA), but there are so many options of insurance companies on that site. If any of you have any insight/feedback on any particular insurance companies, that would be wonderful. I've read on some older posts that Travel Guard & Travelex were good ones to look at....and maybe that Access America not-so-much (?)....
2) Hopefully we won't have to worry about filing a claim, but in the event we do, have any of you had any more recent experiences (good or bad) on getting a claim filed/processed?
3) Would I insure our trip for just the airfare & hotel deposits...or more, i.e. full reservation amount, car rental, etc.?
4) Other than coverage for air fare & hotel, what other coverages are good to consider, i.e. medical, car rental coverage?
5) Any other insights or advice is appreciated, i.e. can you ever get too much coverage?
Thanks so much for your help, as always!