We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

italian

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
698 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
italian

refresh my memory on the good italian places to eat? thanks

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: italian

Bella Luna or Baci are both good choices for Italian food.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: italian

Caicos Cafe - the best of them all! It's more than italian though, they have other Mediterranean dishes as well.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,127 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: italian

Baci

Edited: 07 October 2011, 01:27
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: italian

We really enjoyed Caicos Cafe this year, but like "Want2B-out" said, it's more Mediterranean (with Caribbean fusion) than the usual "Americanized" Italian restaurant. In other words, don't go there looking for the same spaghetti and meatballs, lazagna, pizza, etc., that we all get at home.

Hope this helps.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,315 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: italian

Caicos Cafe:

About 1 year old

As authentic Mediterranean/Italian as it gets (desi is spot on - if looking for "american" italian this is not it)

Chef Massimo ‘Mad Max’ Olivari recent feature...

virtualonlineeditions.com/…

Caicos Cafe recent feature...

wherewhenhow.com/turks-caicos-islands/…

Youtube recent feature...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQqpsEJtes

Unlike in other places when Max is not there the restaurant is closed.

Try the homemade Gnocchi (ask when reserving if they can make it for you - do it!!).

Great Cassoulet (in season), homemade pastas, grilled seafood

Finish with the Tiramisu and Ice cream with espresso and baileys and call me in the morning.

Pure Deliciosness!!!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: italian

We dont have any "American" Italian restaurants here. Someone else has discovered my FAVOURITE dessert now, that ice cream w/Espresso/Baileys at Caicos Cafe. (So good!) Especially after the Bouillabaisse!!!!

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
698 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: italian

thanks all!

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
761 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: italian

I'm with Blamona - Baci - it gets big points from me b/c of its marina location. Love dining on the marina.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: italian

"We dont have any "American" Italian restaurants here."

Not "American," but "Americanized." All I'm saying is their menu includes unique items true to the region, not often found at many U.S. restaurants geared more toward traditional American tastes and expectations. Lots of restaurants in the States have become "Americanized," i.e., Chinese and Mexican.

Personally, I appreciate the fact that Caicos Cafe and others offer choices I don't normally find at home. <JMO>

Edited: 07 October 2011, 19:45
10. Re: italian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 04:17