We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noob Question; TIA

NY metro
Level Contributor
566 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Noob Question; TIA

My wife and I have a spare week in February and have never been to the Turks and Caicos. We will be returning from 10 days at Caneel Bay on St John, where we vacation anually and wanted to try a different island. Suggestions as to accomodations, location, restos etc. . . are most welcome. Price point is between 3-5/night. maybe a little more. I'm not looking for a Ritz Carleton type of experience, but a Caneel Bay/Little Dix Bay level would be nice.. Nightlife would not extend much beyond good restaurants. Snorkeling off the beach would be nice as would access to some shopping.

Thank you all so much in advance. I appreciate any responses.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noob Question; TIA

For the level you are used to (Caneel Bay and Little Dix Bay) .......I would look at the following:

The Somerset

Regent Palms

Point Grace

Grace Bay Club

Seven Stars

These are in the same category as those that you mentioned.

Mike

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noob Question; TIA

been to LDB 2X, in 3 weeks we are heading back to Provo for 6X, all of mike's reccomendations are spot on. plus a much better restaurant selection in Provo. i'm just talkin'.

NY metro
Level Contributor
566 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noob Question; TIA

Thanks for the recs. I have checked out those that still have availability. I'll post after we decide. I am surprised that many places and even flights are "full up" for February. I know its in season, but how are the crowds?

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noob Question; TIA

February will be busy on Provo. The airport will be crowded and the more popular restaurants will be hard to get a reservation. Some resorts feel very crowded that time of the year, and others are not as much, but everywhere will be pretty busy.

5. Re: Noob Question; TIA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 19:20