We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cloudy overcast weather this week.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Cloudy overcast weather this week.

On the webcam, It appears overcast with light rain and the forecast is for more of the same for 5-7 days. Is this usual for October, and will we see this in November too (given it is usually the rainiest month)? I'm considering putting my trip off until next spring. I hate overcast days given the prices of Provo's resorts. I'm considering changing to Aruba, but then I realized that last november was a wash out there. So now I'm going to wait until this large storm system passes and see what next week brings.

Edited: 11 October 2011, 23:11
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

Travelintense - I know it's frustrating, not being able to predict the weather and trying to plan a vacation. I have a ton of friends in Aruba right now and the past three days have been overcast, rainy, and they had a huge thunderstorm this afternoon. The sun did come out in time for sundown tonight. Point being, no matter where we are traveling to, we can't control or predict the weather. Go with whatever destination your gut tells you and have a good time.

Edited: 11 October 2011, 23:30
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

Sorry, just wanted to know what is causing all this overcast weather this year and if any experts out there think it will continue.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,544 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

If you're waiting for weather, you'll wait forever.

People would be worth a fortune if we could truly predict.

Could be stormy in spring, or sunny.

Chances are youll see sun, complete washout days are few in Provo, it's a generally dry island.

I sound harsh, I understand, no one wants to spend any money and have bad weather.

In Virginia we've had nothing but rain every night since July. Ugh.

Past weather has nothing to do with future weather.

Sty home, or make the most of it. I would go. Matter of fact, I am going next week.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

I would say that "what is causing it" is the heat. You have extra warm weather this time of the year and warm water and presto you have thunderstorms just like anywhere else. IMO

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

Hey travelintense - I think it probably the clouds that is causing the overcast skies... Just my opinion.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

So, is this kind of overcast weather, where the sun doesn't come out for 2 or 3 days, usual for this time of year or not? I have monitoring the webcam for 3 days and have seen mostly gray skies.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 18:47
somewherebythe beach
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

its been grey for the past 2 weeks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

Is november usually similar ? A lot of overcast days?

I,m trying to plan a trip. What I do not want is everyday overcast.

. I can deal with a mix of sun and showers. What islands are more sunny in oct/nov or is this just the rainiest time everywhere in the carib?

Edited: 12 October 2011, 19:22
Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

We've done 4 trips to TCI and fifth one beginning the day after Thanksgiving and in the time we have been there, a total of 30+ days, in April, November and December, we've had one day where it rained and caused a complete washout of the day. You can't predict the weather and as others have said on this forum there will be times when you would welcome a cloud or quick hit rain shower just to block out the sun for a bit. Plan your trip with no worries and just enjoy what we have all been enjoying for years.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cloudy overcast weather this week.

Thanks. I think I will skip November though, given it is the wettest month of the year on average. I know I don't want weather like this week, which appears to be common at this time of year.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 20:04