We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare on USAir

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare on USAir

Booked and paid for my tickets for upcoming trip back in April, but recently noticed the current price is 130.00 cheaper than what I paid. I called USAir and explained we fly them 2x per year, wife and I are frequent flyer members and was wondering if we could get the lower fare. Agents says yes you can, but it will cost you 150.00 per ticket to change. I said what kind of change is there as it's the same destination, same flights and same seats. She said the tickets have to be re-issued and that's why the fee. I thought I had read in the past of others being able to call the airlines and get a lower fee.. Thoughts??

COMMACK, NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare on USAir

The only airline I know that does this is Jet Blue.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare on USAir

keater , ~$130 per ticket R/T equals the fees/taxes airlines add to the ticket price............. could they be quoting the air fare w/o those fee/taxes?

Edited: 13 October 2011, 15:47
Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare on USAir

No ttewks1 I did the the pricing online and it was after fees/taxes had been added. The price is 65.00 cheaper per ticket and just figured that 130.00 would go a long way for drinks at the OCW bar.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare on USAir

We are flying US Air direct from Philly ($447 total) in April and the prices have all gone up since I booked in August.

Edited: 13 October 2011, 17:40
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare on USAir

You used to be able to get a credit issued from US Airways in the past if the flight price dropped and then you had so long to use the credit toward a future flight.

Do they still provide this service?

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare on USAir

No IntheBurg, It doesn't seem like this is an option which they provide anymore.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare on USAir

You have to eat that first $150 before they will give you a credit. I learned this two years ago when our flight went down $160 per ticket x 4 tickets and the girl from USAir gave me an attitude over the $40 total. She said "you really want us to process a credit for $10?" I said "no, I want you to process a credit for $40 - $10 x the four tickets I've purchased". Grrrr....

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfare on USAir

I've never been given a refund for falling prices, and I've never been charged extra for rising prices. Airlines use a supply and demand pricing matrix that no one can follow or understand.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfare on USAir

You now get a voucher good for a year, not a check. When I went to Hawaii this summer i noticed our tickets went down $280 so we both got a voucher for $130 to use within a year on a US Airline ticket.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfare on USAir

camke, I know it wouldn't be a check, but they wouldn't even issue a voucher without charging a 150.00 fee for a ticket change. I wrote them a letter so we'll see what happens.