We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers

Trenton, Missouri
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first timers

We are planning a trip in late January or early Feb somewhere......been looking for a week or so and always seem to end up back at T/C. 2 couples mid 30's busy lifestyle, want to get away from kids, have some cocktails, and enjoy somewhere quiet, warm on the beach with great food. A Few questions:

Being our first time, better to stay at a resort to get a feel for island or ok to do the villa thing?

Our budget is around $400/night for lodging less is better but want to be realisitic, what can we expect to spend eating 1-2 meals out per day(light lunch, nice supper)

We are pretty "easy to please" people and enjoy dive places for a few meals(maybe lunch everyday) is there places like this where you can get a burger and a beer

FInally, I know no one can predict the weather but what typically is it like down there in late Jan early Feb

Thanks in advance for any help, we want to go somewhere amazing that will make us want to come back every year, this looks like IT!!!

Level Contributor
5,163 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timers

That's $400 a night per couple correct? Are you looking for a two bedroom? I would definantley stay on Grace Bay for your first visit.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
949 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first timers

I agree, Grace Bay and around the Veranda, Regent Palms, Alexandra is centrally located so you can walk to some fine restaurants and the souvenir shopping. You can also book a 1/2 day snorkel trip with Caicos Dream tours, a great excursion. I think USAIR has some packages that aren't too bad that include air and resort.

Level Contributor
2,635 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first timers

Some choices you may want to look at are:

Ocean Club West

Villa Del Mar

The above resorts are mid range price point.

Or you can work with Val and his crew at Turks and Caicos reservations. They are right on island and will work with you and your budget to find the best possible solution.

Have fun planning you have picked a wonderful vacation destination.

Trenton, Missouri
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: first timers

Sorry, yes that's $400/couple. Again I stress we like good food and drinks, will have nice suppers but we love to find off the beaten path places as well, any suggestions on this and where to stay would be great

Level Contributor
712 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first timers

Also, wld suggest Ocean Club West, you'd be in the heart of all things you'd need...beach, restaurants, IGA etc. Staying on Provo is considered "getting away from it all" the beach is not crowded AND it is gorgeous.

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: first timers

+1 for calling Turks and Caicos Reservations. I used them twice before. They will help you compare the resorts within your budget and then you can book it through them. There are so many options on Grace Bay so based on your preference they can help you make sense of it all. Let us know where you end up staying!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first timers

For food, you should expect about $50/couple for lunch and $150 for dinner at nice places which would include a couple of alcoholic drinks. You can do it for less, but that is what we typically pay.

Good casual places for lunch that are not at resorts:

Flamingos in between Club Med and Ocean Club East

Da Conch Shack in Blue Hills

Horse Eye Jacks in Blue Hills

The Hole in the Wall out near the airport

Plenty of good casual places at the resorts too including Mango Reef, Pelican Bay, Grill Rouge, Plunge....

8. Re: first timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2012, 10:20