We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick short summary

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Quick short summary

Read recently that reading/posting on forums is more addictive than alcohol. I haven't been here for almost 2 weeks and haven't felt I was missing anything. Proved to myself I wasn't addicted :)

Well, we're back in the cold where snowstorms and freezing rain is the norm this time of year. As if that's not bad enough, we're back at work too. Depressing... and planning the next trip doesn't do the trick anymore... Have to dig deeper and look for something else that can bring that sense of excitement and anticipation again. Forgive my crankiness if you sense it in my posts :)

Just wanted to sum up our trip.

Favorite lunch - Bay Bistro ("Bay Melt")

Favorite appetizer - Bay Bistro (Crepe with conch)

Favorite entree - Mango Reef (Open shrimp ravioli)

Favorite dessert - The Real Ice Cream from IGA with Coconut Rum

Favorite car rental - Grace Bay Car Rentals and helpful Paul

Most memorable - Salt Cay day trip, JoJo at Grace Bay (twice!) and Grace Bay beach

Miss the most now - daily early morning beach walks and just being outside all day

Places that didn't wow us - Taylor Bay beach, Las Brisas and Da Conch Shack. Taylor Bay IS gorgeous to look at and take pictures (they make beautiful desktop background) but not good for swimming and spending prolonged time at. No restrooms, no shade. We LOVE Grace Bay beach, swimming there is awesome with water getting deep almost immediately and as clear as you can imagine. We were lucky to have lots of calm days at Grace Bay and it is spectacular.

Wow, I actually feel better now. Maybe it IS an addiction after all...

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick short summary

Glad you had a wonderful vacation!...and yes it's soooooo hard to go back to work and reality after being on Grace Bay!

Are you going back for 6 wks again next year?

LOVE the conch crepes at Bay Bistro too!! But, no mention of a favorite from Caicos Cafe......hope Ziggy doesn't read this!

Hopefully we're done with all the snow and freezing rain....think Spring! Fingers crossed!

Edited: 03 March 2012, 02:30
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,748 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick short summary

I'm reading everything. Especially what want2b has to say.

Coming down in April again? Thanks for the recap

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick short summary

Maca, our plan is to spend the whole winter there. We'll gradually increase the length of our stay to find that perfect duration. Don't know yet what it'll be next winter but really want to stay longer than 5-6 weeks.

Ziggy knows everything, we stayed in touch during our stay. I mentioned the favorites only, there're others that were very good, like Garam Masala, for example, but there could only be one favorite at a time.

When are you going, maca?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,241 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick short summary

pictures please!

I need a fix

been dreary and thunderstormy all day

tough weather day in the States

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick short summary

Ziggy, I'm watching the tickets for April but the prices haven't dropped yet. If we see a good deal, we'll be happy to surprise you and finally teach you the secrets of a Hobie Cat sailing :)

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick short summary

Yes we need your pictures updated! I agree with you that Taylor Bay is very overrated... ( I am on a mission)

We spend about 4 weeks a year in TCI spread over three trips. Not sure if I would rather do that or just spend 4 weeks in a row (not possible with work obligations). You are very blessed to be able to do it!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick short summary

Welcome home, Want2B! Glad to read that you enjoyed your vacation - and am hoping there will be pics to follow. Please??

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick short summary

Want2B, thanks for sharing....and 6 weeks in Paradise, wow.....we'd love to be able to just vacation for 1/2 that long! But you're right, that probably wouldn't be long enough either! So, I like your plan of stretching it out even longer next time. :)

Glad you enjoyed your time & here's hoping you figure out another way to get out of the "post Provo blues"! If booking/planning your next trip isn't working anymore, perhaps looking into options for a future permanent residence may help? ;)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick short summary

Want 2B.....We'll be back again this fall sometime. Not sure if it's going to be Oct or Nov. Pretty sure we're moving to NS this summer so we haven't booked anything yet.

We're heading to the Caribbean next month for a couple of weeks....just not TCI though:(.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quick short summary

Thanks, everybody,for your comments.

Joe, thanks. I'm all in for helping out a fellow TA-er :)

BD, I've just realised this forum IS the cure for the blues. But your idea is very tempting and we've already entertained it but decided against it at the end. Canada IS the best place to live, just not in winter :)

Maca, happy moving this summer! Enjoy the Caribbean next month and try not to compare it to TCI.