We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's it like in June?

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
266 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
What's it like in June?

We just returned from a spring trip to Great Exuma. Wonderful time - neat place. We still <3 Turks and would like to return this summer. Can anyone tell me how Turks is in June? We'd like to go before it gets warm here in the midwest (July!)

Thanks!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's it like in June?

June is perfect. from my experience. Ocean is warm, ski is blue, few fluffy clouds, humidity is lower than July.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's it like in June?

I'll let you know after our upcoming June visit... this will be the nineth June (loosing count) that we've vacation on Provo. :-)

Seriously, it's our favorite time to visit. The weather averages tell it all, and anyone can see that rates are considerably less.

See ya there?

turksandcaicosreservations.tc/weather.html

Edited: 30 March 2012, 00:23
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's it like in June?

June is great but pretty warm.... One thing to note is that most of the restaurants are not air conditioned. There were a few restaurants that were so uncomfortable due to the heat but others like Hemmingways and Mango Reef were very pleasant! You will love Turks!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What's it like in June?

lavecaribbean...you're from Texas and you don't like heat? When I was in the USAF, it was so hot that the saying went like this...this may not be hell, but I think you can see it from here :-)

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's it like in June?

Provobum.....but Frisco is in NORTH Texas......lol ;)

Folks here like their A/C!!!

Edited: 30 March 2012, 03:38
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What's it like in June?

Been April, May, June, July and August (and that's just the summer months).

It's still much more comfortable than the Southeast U.S., where I've lived for 50 years.

Heck, we flew to the TCI last August, just to cool off.

It's all relative, I guess. :-)

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What's it like in June?

Provobum..... Beachdreaming is right, we like our air conditioning lol! My hubby's from Texas but I grew up in the Midwest, still hate the heat after all these years but love Provo :).

Pryor, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
517 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's it like in June?

Being from Oklahoma, I can tell you that its the humidity that gets so miserable in the summer. It follows you wherever you go. There is no reprieve from it in the shade. We have no trade winds coming off the ocean to cool you down. I'm planning a trip to Provo for June 2013, I'm hoping that it is better there than it is here. BTW, we already have our a/c on now.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What's it like in June?

We are the "Turks and Caicos Islands" not Turks. We do not have high humidity. We have a cooling trade wind 98% of the time. It is not hot in the shade. In the past two decades I am racking my brain trying to think of a restaurant that was too hot to eat in? The ones without AC have open doors or coconut trees and shade. I guess if you sit yourself in the sun you might feel warm.

Pryor, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
517 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's it like in June?

I'm excited to feel that trade wind and low humidity!

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos