We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

As a seafood lover

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
As a seafood lover

What is great at Caicos Cafe? Both starter and entree? I'm hoping Ziggy pops in...

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: As a seafood lover

sherilynn, always go with the nightly entree and apps "specials" in the TCI, especially at the higher-end restaurants. That's what came in fresh.

Sorry, ziggy... your topic. :-)

Edited: 30 April 2012, 04:57
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,842 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: As a seafood lover

I ask Marco, the owner that runs the front of the house. Last time was Wahoo tartare and Seafood Casserole. It was awesome.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,499 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: As a seafood lover

Good suggestions so far. It's tough to pick a favorite in this kind of place with so many nice options and a constantly changing menu. At the moment my favorite is probably the tagliolini with Pernod flambéed seafood for main and grilled octopus as starter. The tagliolini (basically spaghetti on crack) is homemade.

The Garganelli with clams and conch is excellent as well. And of course today is your last chance to get the lobster fra diavolo which was a huge hit during our meals.

Enjoy! Hope any locals would pop in as well to tell us their faves.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: As a seafood lover

Grilled grouper was a special one evening and it was delicious. Also had Lobster fra diavolo one night, and although the pasta and sauce was spicy and delicious , the lobster was chewy.

NY
Level Contributor
147 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: As a seafood lover

The escargot appetizer is very well prepared and a favorite in my family. I am not a clam guy so I stayed away from the stuff Ziggy suggested. Wifey had a very oily and tasteless grouper special 3 visits ago and I had a rather lackluster crab salad so we stay away from specials. Their ribs are very good.. Ziggy cannot fathom why anyone would go to caicos cafe and order ribs but, they were very good and to p!ss him offer I ordered them twice. ;)

NY
Level Contributor
147 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: As a seafood lover

And of course I just noticed the "As a seafood lover" title... so just ignore what I said, it was a stab at ziggy anyhow :)

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: As a seafood lover

If you can get it - agree- the Lobster Fra Diablo....

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,499 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: As a seafood lover

Yeh what really happened with paspar was that since they weren't keen on CC after the previous year visit, I had to trick them into coming back by taking them to "outback". Hence the ribs and multiple visits this time.

In regards to any specials, I would pay close attention to any pasta with seafood specials or gnocchi. Except that I'm starting to suspect he now makes the gnocchi once a year ;)

Yesterday we tried yet another authentic Italian restaurant in NYC that we liked a lot but still falls short of CC. They would have done very well here with the big boys. DW even commented how we need to stop ordering similar dishes like the affogato since they consistently disappoint.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: As a seafood lover

Ziggy, you forgot to say ask for the octopus breasts to be served on a "bad" of lettuce.

10. Re: As a seafood lover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:42