We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choices, Choices

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Choices, Choices

Ok...my choices keep changing based on feedback and research

1. Beach Apartment at Sibonne

2. 1 bedroom at Royal West Indies

3. 1 bedroom at Villa Del Mar

4. Studio at Le Vele

I have not stayed at ANY of these. Price point..all comparable.

We are renting a car so proximity is not important.

We want great quiet stretch of beach and clean place to live for the week (wink).

HEEEEELLLLLP

Kim

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choices, Choices

Kim, First off welcome back. Although I have not stayed at any of the places on your list the one I see getting the most compliments is Villa Del Mar. New very clean and although not on beach, it's about a 2 minute walk through the Grace Bay Club Resort. We stay at OCW right next door and beach isn't all that busy. Just my 2 cents, I'm sure others will have theirs.

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choices, Choices

Thanks Keater.

I have to admit..the planning (for me) is ALMOST as much as travelling and writing my trip reports.

Looking forward to a return after a year break

Kim

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,595 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choices, Choices

RWI is the only place of the four that you listed that we've actually stayed at. Liked it there, but didn't love it. I would have to say with your choices, I would pick Le Vele for the stretch of beach they are on and their close proximity to lots of restaurants and shopping. But then again, I could be happy in a tent on the beach if it means Provo. Have fun with your research and welcome back!

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Choices, Choices

Villa Del Mar would be your best bet as far as nice accomodations go however, not directly on the beach but a very short walk through GBC. This resort has gotten really great reviews.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Choices, Choices

Hi Kim. I have only stayed at Sibonne out of the four places you have listed. I would not recommend it(but I love Bay Bistro). I think you would be happier at the other three. VDM gets great reviews and is in a nice central location.

Edited: 16 May 2012, 14:49
Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choices, Choices

Ihate.....did you stay in the apt or in just the rooms at Sibonne?

Looks interesting.............

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Choices, Choices

This would be a much easier recommendation, had I scene a Le Vele studio unit. I only saw a 2-br, which of course was quite roomy, and had a fantastic view. It's my favorite location. <JMO>

It's safe to say that Villa del Mar will have the nicest, newest accommodations. Are you comparing a 1-br or a deluxe studio? I stayed in a deluxe studio, and it was quite roomy. The videos posted on their website are very accurate.

I've only seen a standard room at Sibonne. Very basic. We do occasionally hear concerns about lack of beach chairs and shade.

Stayed at RWI, and it was fine. However, the beach was just a bit too busy for us.

If upgraded accommodations is most important, Villa del Mar. If quiet, secluded location is most important, Le Vele.

Or, you can post all the names on a board, and throw a dart.

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Choices, Choices

Desi, a dart is going to be happening shortly.

The deals are amazing for July..and with all the prices being comparable..its coming down to just PICK SOMETHING FOR GODS SAKE (thats the man yelling at me).

So..RWI and Sibonne are out.

SANDS has replaced and is in.

I am now leaning towards (again) villa del mar or Le Vele.

1 bedroom is the way because we need to cook..

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Choices, Choices

The VDM one bedroom looks huge. I'm just not sure how it compares to the Le Vele studio.

What does Turks and Caicos Reservations say?

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Choices, Choices

Hey Desi

First..they are amazing (T and C ressies)

They are partial to both...in terms of relationship...to VDM and Le Vele.

Dart it is!

Thoughts on throwing Sands in there? Or keep to the 2?

Kim