We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What was the first resort you stayed at?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
What was the first resort you stayed at?

What was the first resort or villa that you stayed at in the T&C Islands? The thread about the pier at Seven Stars and consequently the talk of the old Allegro Resort has me in a nostalgic frame of mind this morning.

Our first stay on Provo was The Allegro, back in June, 2002. We liked the resort (we were very in to A/I resorts at the time), and stayed in the pink buildings that were off to the side. Loved getting up in the morning and just clearing those small dunes to our chairs and palapa on the beach. Had a blast snorkeling straight from the beach every day, under and around the dock. And I remember that there was a very sweet lady who made delicous paninis at the restaurant for lunch. We enjoyed her company, and the freshly baked cookies around the pool every day around 4:00 pm.

Looking forward to reading where you first stayed, and about your stay.

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

I first stayed at the RamadaTurquoise Reef back in 89 and it was like heaven to walk down past Club Med and not see 1 person ALL day.. just us the beach and the sea.

Felt like we had discovered our own private island back in those days !!

And when it became the Allegro I also stayed in the pink oceanfront buildings and I loved just clearing the dunes and being right on the beach...and yes snorkeling under and around the pier....and those sandwiches were YUMMY!

Sounds like we had very similar Allegro experiences.. I liked it there back in the day ! :) And I am soooo very happy that I have those memories of Provo !!

Edited: 05 June 2012, 16:37
Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

I am a relative newcomer. Grace Bay Club in 2006. Still my favorite property overall.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

We stayed at Ocean Club West on the third floor oceanfront building. I thought I died and woke up in heaven!

Cheated a few times on TCI, somehow we are still drawn back. 26 visits and 5 different resorts later, since 2001, I still get that feeling.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

The Sands 2004.

Our first two stays were at the Sands recommended by a friend.

October will be our 15th trip.

Many stays at Somerset and Regent Palms.

We have visited many islands before TCI and a few inbetween....but nothing in the Caribbean to me compares to Grace Bay.

Mike

savannah
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

First trip was last minute (I mean 1 week notice) to Beaches in 1999. We knew nothing of TCI.

Have been back to:

The Sands

Villa Rennaissance

Turks and Caicos Club

Le Vele - twice

hp
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

2005 at RWI.

Last trip was 11th.

Other stays include WBC, VR, LV and PG.

Enjoyed each property.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

The Third Turtle Inn.

NYC
Level Contributor
312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

We stayed at the Ramada - I believe it was in it's final days - 1994. We roamed the Caribbean after that and didn't make it back for ten years. OCW, OC and T&CC every year since.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

2005 at The Sands.

Our last trip was my 8th visit(9th for my DW, 2nd for our son) and we stayed for a month. We sort of like it there :-)

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What was the first resort you stayed at?

Allegro '03...only because I didn't know better. Was bback in two months staying at OCW. Nicest place I've ever stayed...Coral House!