We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virus T&C

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Virus T&C

after reading about this virus I'm getting rather nervous..I have a trip planned for June23-30 and staying @ the Regent Palms, is it just Beaches hotel that is closed @ the moment? Is this virus affecting the entire island or just isolated @ Beaches??

thanks much

Florida...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Virus T&C

it seems to be most resorts they are even telling people on planes and warning them on plane about virus outbreak my husband and i are canceling our vacation this is really terrible

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
373 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virus T&C

Im at RP and we have not heard or seen anyone with the virus at all. In fact, anyone that has even mentioned it says that it was confined to a select small number of places. It was a SHORT virus that was 24 hours long- that is IT! We knew about it before coming to RP last wk but came anyway and brought meds just in case. After being here, we think it is really , really blown way out of proportion (IF you are outside of those select resorts). I think the select few resorts saw it run rampant bc it spreads easily. Those resorts are seeing a vast decline. We have talked to many locals who say they know no locals that have gotten it and that it is just stayed to those tourist resorts. RP has had no reported cases. Somerset, next to RP has had no reported cases. There are adults, families, kids everywhere here at RP and no one has gotten sick. We have been to eat at several restuarants on the island....no sickness. The weather is TO DIE FOR! DO NOT cancel your trip. It would be a big mistake.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,049 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virus T&C

Regent Palms was not one of the resorts that experienced sickness.

It would be "sick" to panic and cancel staying there.

Why ruin your vacation where sickness has not been an issue?

Just my thoughts.

Mike

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virus T&C

Only Beaches is closed and telling people who are already enroute to Beaches. No other resort is doing anything. No need to panic.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virus T&C

I was there first week in May and got the virus, although it was very mild for me. I'm going back with my whole family at the same time as you but staying at Veranda and then Seven Stars. I have been in touch with friends and colleagues who work in resort and it appears to be under control. Beaches closing will hopefully break the 14 hour incubation period of the virus. Here is a good article explaining the virus and how common it actually is. It could happen anywhere, don't let it dampen your excitement. The Palms is amazing!

usatoday.com/news/…1

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virus T&C

thanks u all for taking the time to answer my questions and put my mind @ ease.. we will still plan to travel & hope all goes well!!

Atlanta Area
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virus T&C

We are supposed to be visiting the island & Beaches resort 7.Jul, anyone out there that has been in last 5-10 days provide any feedback? Beaches is being VERY vague about the whole thing.

Newtown Square...
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virus T&C

i really appreciate this i will not cancil my trip at ocean club no restaurant problems. we will eat yogururt or kifir to be on the safe side . What medicine did you bring with you? Thank you for all making us feel better i heard it from two friends we also have a friend staying at beaches but they put them up in a privite condo for as long as they like wow great service this reminds me of the viruses they get on the cruise ships and beaches is so large with all food in house just like a cruise ship unfortunate for them .m i appreciate how the island jumped right on the situation even finding out the exact virus probably even faster then the states but wished i could have gotten a curtesy call for hotel and united airline i know im asking to much

well thanks again for your great post - here i come my beautiful provo - regina

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Virus T&C

We just returned on the 7th from Beaches T &C. My daughter and I had a mild version of the virus lasting only hours and still had the vacation of a lifetime. Even recieved a freevweek because we had to be put up at a different place our last night. The resort is very very clean. You will be fine and will have an amazing time. Hope this helps.

Salem, Oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Virus T&C

We are leaving for The Sands at Grace Bay on 6//17. Has anyone heard about the virus infecting guests there? We do not know if we should go. If we go, what is the best medicine to bring? Thank you!