We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

Maybe we'll go to Grand Gayman.

Redding, Connecticut
Level Contributor
85 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

I just checked myself..ready to make our family plans and airfare is more than double of what we paid this last February from JFK.On the fence...

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

Wow! Well that ought to keep the spring breakers away......plus a lot of other people. Hopefully, they will come down.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

$900 per person round trip from JFK on Jet Blue- March - booked it - just in case it goes higher! UGH! Used Amex points to pay for a lot of it but still...wow!

Just had some surgery so I am not writing a lot - but love you all! Woke up to book the trip!

xxxoo GI

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

not only will it keep the spring breakers away, at $1,500.00 p/p i doubt many corporations would be willing to pay that kind of money to send employees to a conference. i'm just sayin"

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
614 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

Grand Cayman is nice

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

We've been to Grand Cayman and liked it but we definitely prefer Turks and Caicos, but I can get airfare for 1/3 of the price which is is a huge savings for 5 people.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
379 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

the airfares to provo are insane lately!

just to checked JFK PLS aug 17 for one week stay and got 1087 on jet blue.....its down again a bit in october but back up in winter ...highest i have ever seen

and american through miami only and any decent flights with short layover are high but long long layover is in the 400's ....and free tix on american are only available BASICALLY on two stop flights ....they just don't want us to go to our paradise

Redding, Connecticut
Level Contributor
85 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

I caved in and did it..hopefully the rates will come down and I will catch them with a travelbank credit.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

I approve bookings for hundreds of people from the NY/NJ area to conferences often. If the airfare was as high as they are, I would ask my event planners to find another venue, even if there was a brand new 28 story tower on a beautiful beach.

Just sayin'.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 03:00
Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: OVER $1500 rt on jet blue for spring break

My flights last week were double on JetBlue and AA what I paid through USAir. JB & AA = $800 and USAir = $400. Breezed through Charlotte with no regrets.

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina