We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation advice

pa
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation advice

my husband and i need adv ice as to where to stay .

we're not "flashy" people who need a four-star resort with all the "bells and whistles." we'd like reasonably priced (no more than $200/night if possible) clean accommodations - be it a hotel or b&b - close to the beach. my husband snorkels, we both love to sightsee, and my dream's to lay on a beach and read a book.

suggestions would be welcome!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation advice

www.aquamarinebeachhouse.com

or Coral Gardens

Both are near the bight reef.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation advice

another option is royal west indies. I just returned. There is snorkling about a 15 minute walk away at a man made reef. it may be at the higher end of your budget depending on the time of year. Still an affordable option right on the beach.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation advice

What time of year? Makes a difference.

You can also check out

Comfort suites

Caribbean paradise inn

Island club townhouses

Grace bay townhouses (my favorite for the money, luxury for $1900 weekly, middle of the hub, close to supermarket, etc)

Grace Bay Suites

Also some places listed on VRBO.com and Flipkey.com )owned by Tripadvisor)

pa
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation advice

we're planning on the end of november/the beginning of december.

i thought i put that in. sorry!

new york
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation advice

We stayed at the Sibonne. Right on the beach, rather motel-like but clean, comfortable beds, A/C worked great. Should fit your budget. We drove to snorkeling but if you like to sight see, you'll probably want to rent a car anyway, at least for a few days. It's worth it!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation advice

CFSUN, where was this man-made reef? Never seen or heard of that one.

If looking for higher-end accommodations at relatively moderate prices, also take a look at Villa del Mar. It's not directly on the beach, but has its own walkover (two minutes), along with a nice beach set-up. Complimentary breakfast is included poolside, and they have both a heated pool and oversize hot tub (awesome way to end the day). VDM is also within easy walking distance to shops and restaurants.

It costs more than some of the budget properties mentioned, but I stayed at VDM last November and was very impressed by the value they offer. Their deluxe studio unit (where I stayed) was on par with some of the most expensive resorts along Grace Bay. Very nice.

www.yourvilladelmar.com

Blue Water White Sands Resort seems to have attractive rates, and is also located in the "hub." I've not stayed there, but was told they're under new management, and have done renovations. I believe the same couple that own Grace Bay Car Rental also manage the property.

www.bwwsresorts.com

Edited: 25 July 2012, 02:35
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation advice

Also, check out Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas. They're located in the Turtle Cove area. Walking distance to a few restaurants and great snorkeling right out front!

You would need a car though to go to " town" for shopping, groceries and most of the restaurants on Grace Bay.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accomodation advice

Carbidesi....looking at the water....walking to the right from RWI... Right at the point of the peninsula there are is a large house (may be divided into rentals...not sure). Right at the tip.

In front of that house there is a breaker there that goes out about 40 maybe 50 feet...large fish there. A 15 minute walk further (after the big leeward sign) there are many intact conch shells at about 6 to 8 feet.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accomodation advice

I should add to that .... I would NOT do a day trip to where I just suggested !!

If you are at the RWI...OCW...club med etc...and are too lazy to go to the real reefs...there are in fact fish within an easy walk to where I described. Those big blue flattish fish..(maybe 10 or 12 inches)... Lots of others. No coral...a few anenomes.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: accomodation advice

Yes, I snorkeled the small reef at Leeward last month. Pretty cool.

Thanks for the man-made reef tip, CFSUN.