We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

Providenciales
Level Contributor
775 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

Can't wait for the month of November - although not 100% finalized yet, the festival committee plans to expand the festival to the entire month of November, where there'll be an event on every Friday night leading up to the event. It all takes place in beautiful and historic Blue Hills. Hotel packages including Conch Festival tickets will be available (new this year), as well as a few more surprises. Watch out for some free tickets and Conch Festival 2012 tshirts that will be given away with short but fun contests/trivia. Be prepared - to eat Conch instead of Turkey this November!

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

Was on island for the festival last November and had a fun time. Really enjoyed the pre festival party the night before the Conch Festival held at Horse Eyed Jacks.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

Great to know........and this is the first year we won't be on the island in November :(

Thanks for sharing this Val!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

Still kicking myself for visiting a week before Conch Festival, last year (what was I thinking?). Dick at Three Queens told me all about the event, when my son and I picked up lunch from there, this past June.

Got any pictures from last year?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

O.k., found some pics. Kllled me while I ate my weekly can of Campbell's soup tonight. Sorry Ziggy. :-)

turksandcaicosreservations.tc/blog/…

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,005 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

I'll take Bay Bistro's conch chowder followed by Caicos Cafe's conch Garganelli over Turkey any day.

Desi, suddenly my weekly 'just salad' doesnt sound so bad. Sometimes I go nuts and add seasoning to it

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

Yay - we'll be there in November!!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

Val ...it's too bad the conch farm deal fell through and it's closing. :(

Maybe TCI SHOULD start exporting turkey.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

The Conch Festival is a delicious experience. If you're visiting the island and like seafood its a MUST DO!!!! Make sure your camera has lots of memory so you can take a picture with the Caribbean Santa, a completely unique close encounter. ;~>

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

CFSUN, I think the fisherie at Five Cays supplies and exports most of the conch. When I asked Dick where most of the restaurants get their conch, he smiled and pointed to the ocean. Then, he told me that his brother runs the local fisherie that supplies most (can't recall the name of it).

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eat Conch instead of Turkey - at Conch Festival MONTH

Desi...have you read about the bickering that has been going on? Classic "he said she said" situation and the lawyers are having a robust season I'm sure. 15 million dollar deal crumbled.