We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turks and Caicos

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Turks and Caicos

Need a lovely place for approximately 7 to 8 couples to celebrate a birthday. Would like to be near the best snorkeling snd would like to have tennis on premises too.

Any suggestions?

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,243 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turks and Caicos

Regent Palms has tennis, nice upscale suites, world class spa and a short walk to the reef at Coral Gardens.

Just a thought.

Mike

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turks and Caicos

I wouldn't call a 20-25 minute walk short but I'm not in top shape like mike.

You can also take a look at Gansevoort which is close to snorkeling but all the way on the west side, which is the problem wih being close to snorkeling.

Or stay at the seven stars and drive to snorkeling. This is not exactly world class snorkeling btw.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Turks and Caicos

I like Mike's suggestion, but I'm a beach walker too. Plus, Regent Palms has an excellent spa.

Haven't played tennis since I was a teenager (just a few years ago, LOL), so I don't recall who has courts, and who doesn't. The Veranda would be a nice, all-inclusive resort, if they have courts. Gansevoort would be another nice choice, if they have courts.

Still, I like Mike's suggestion of Regent Palms too.

It's hard to make a bad choice among those three. :-)

Providenciales
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Turks and Caicos

Closer to the (Coral Gardens) snorkeling reef would be The Veranda (they do have tennis courts), Alexandra and then Regent Palms with The Palms being the furthest from the snorkeling (still a pretty easy walk) and The Veranda being the closest. That being said, if one of these don't suit what you are looking for, I agree with Ziggy on renting a car for a few days to drive to snorkeling - this way you can do Coral Gardens and go further to Smith's Reef on another day. Other resorts that have tennis courts include The Tuscany, The Venetian, Villa Renaissance and Regent Grand.

Hope this helps!

~ Sonya

Springfield...
Level Contributor
397 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turks and Caicos

Villa Renaissance has a 7 bed/ 7 bath suite. Pictures look beautiful and price looks reasonable. I found it looking around vrbo for our next trip, and I'm keeping it in mind for a big family trip some day. The walk to snorkeling would be about 45 minutes each way though.

6. Re: Turks and Caicos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos