We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
Save Topic
New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

"FRESH CATCH"opened October 1st and just yesterday we enjoyed lunch there. Located at #6 The Saltmills, under the underpass across for Saltmills Diner. It was so nice to be enjoying the local vibe and music and the smiling face of Janardo Laporte, think awesome jazz saxaphone music and, those of you who know, think (son of) Fast Eddie. We parked out back and the aroma of the BBQ Ribs special of the day was tempting. The menu is very reasonable; soup, salads, sandwiches, wraps, fritters, fingers, spring rolls, pasta - fresh catch, conch, lobster, grouper, tuna, chicken - jerked, cracked, steamed. (Grilled Lobster$21 - most items $10- 16)

The BBQ Chicken Wraps were fab and we will be back to experience the rest of the menu. I am not a big fries eater but these big fat fries were gone - hard to describe how they can be so crisp yet soft in the middle. Special frozen drink of the day was Twisted Lemonade. I caught a glimpse into the kitchen and enjoyed watching them clean fish. They sell fresh seafood by the pound so stop by for specials, sold out when we got there. Saturday morning breakfast; boiled fish, chicken souse w/johnny cake, fish w/peas n grits.

Lots of happy people in this place, seek out FRESH CATCH on your next trip to Grace Bay. (This space used to be our office, being put to much better use today!) To avoid 'crazy' crowds, Janadro recommends, go early for Lunch or Dinner. For MENU ask janardo48@gmail.com

Edited: 12 October 2012, 12:04
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,425 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

Hey this is great thanks. Nice to have another local option nearby

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,913 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

Extra awesome they sell fresh seafood by the pound, no more dragging to Five Cays.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

Can't wait to try it!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

OMG, boiled fish, johnny cake, peas n' grits? I am soooo there on Saturday mornings. Lunch and dinner sound great too.

Thanks for the heads up, WWH. I love the fact that they have a central location, so more visitors can experience the local foods of the islands.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
6,984 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

Sounds like a nice new place to try.

Fresh fish and cheap....sounds great.

Mike

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

I'm loving these new food options - thanks WWH!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
401 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

Thanks for the tip, WWH! And it was lovely to meet you this morning, on my way back from Yoga! :) You can be sure I will stop by again!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to be there in 2 weeks and can't wait. Will check out this new place, seems like there are a number of new places since the last time I was there 2 yrs ago.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

Joe's gonna be a very happy boy!

10. Re: New Local Fish Restaurant Opens in Grace Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 12:18