We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

Help! We are having a hard time deciding between Parrot Cay and The Meridian Club. I'm pregnant, so we are just seeking a relaxing vacation. We have heard great things about both... Thanks for any advice- pros/cons.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

Such a First World problem, isn't it? ; )

Both are nice and high end rustic luxury, but there are differences. I have only stayed at Parrot Cay, but if I was pregnant (that would be miraculous) I would want the spa experience you get at Parrot Cay. Maybe some yoga too. Get into the zen...

Meridian Club is smaller, even more intimate, so if that is the most important thing you should stay there. Both have very beautiful beaches and high service too.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

We had the same dilemma as we want to stay at both Meridian and Parrot Cay eventually (and Blue Horizon on Middle, and Hollywood Beach Suites on North) but decided to go with Parrot Cay this time with a Provo split. We will be there next week so I'll let you know how it goes :-)

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

Enjoy it there IntheBurgh! We are probably going back to Parrot Cay in April if the stars align properly.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
665 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

Wish I had such a dilemma as this one :( You cannot go wrong with either choice....Parrot is more modern & Meridian Club is more authentic.

Waynesville, Ohio
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

Pine Cay is much better. Of course, I may be biased.... :)

Either way you can't go wrong.

Have fun!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

Both are awesome for what they offer, but are completely different from each other.

Parrot is more elegant, definitely more upscale, white glove service kind of place. Dinners are upscale with service to match. The rooms are comfortable with four post beds and infinity pools. It's understated but luxurious at the same time. The spa is out of this world! Pampered on the beach with flag service. It's about being pampered and destressing.

Meridian is laid back, like a club, more rustic. You get to know everyone and make friends. Food is great but definitely casual I find the beach strand here to be the best. But if you need A/C, tv, this is not your place. Good snorkeling. There's a point on the island that is great for finding sand dollars. This feels more like you're closer to nature.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,960 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

We would select Meridian Club for the peace & quiet relaxation on a private island. You may run into a famous person seeking the same thing on this Cay. DR. JIM

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

I appreciate all of the replies! We're going to try Meridian Club in Feb. I'll post a review after we return!

Boston...
Level Contributor
8 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

Depends on if you want to feel embraced and welcomed - like a good neighbor - or if you want to feel like you are being serviced all the time. Most people go to Meridian Club because they like the "feeling" of the people - staff and guests, so warm and friendly and go to Parrot Cay for the upscale appointments in the room and multitude of people constantly serving you. Neither is better than the other. They are just so different.

Pine Cay does have a child policy (6 and over in summer and 12 and over the rest of the year) and I don't know about Parrot Cay. If Parrot Cay doesn't have the same policy then maybe you try Meridian Club now and Parrot Cay after the baby?

Also, meals and activities are included with the MC price, and at Parrot Cay the meals add up quite a bit. So, you do get more "bang for the buck" at Pine Cay, if that is any consideration.

10. Re: Parrot Cay or The Meridian Club (Pine Cay)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 01:16