We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK strike

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
JFK strike

Just heard on the news that some 300 private security worker have voted to strike on Dec 20th if they don't get their wages and other benefits worked out. We are supposed to leave Dec 20th - do you think we should move up our departure by 1 day if we can? Or do you think that because JFK is such a major hub - this strike of the 300 security workers will not affect our flight.....HELP!\

xxoo G

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK strike

I would move it up just to be safe.

Mike

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK strike

If you can, I would move it as well, just to be safe. Best of luck, Gigi!!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK strike

An extra day in Provo is worth it! Plus, why stress, you need to relax, you deserve to relax!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK strike

Gigi.....you deserve as much time as possible relaxing on Grace Bay and sipping on Rum Punches..go for it...you need/earned it!

colorado springs
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK strike

Gigi, Move it up!!!! Why stress about a strike?

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK strike

I think I wil move our trip will call Yngrit tomorrow re our room at SS and hope I can change our flights. I don't want to take a chance of missing the whole vacation. Now..I just have to convince my hubby .....and reschedule 3 tests my daughter had scheduled at school.

He is shooting the Rolling Stones tonight and Saturday n NJ ..so maybe he will be in a good mood tomorrow.

Thanks all...xxoo G

colorado springs
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK strike

Gigi,

I'm a defense attorney. My advice is not to confess to your husband's shooting of the Stones. He will be a wanted person and it will be hard to get through customs. Not sure if T & C believes in extradition though!

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JFK strike

If you read the status on the Jet Blue page they claim that the striking security workers will not impact Jet Blue's terminal 5.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JFK strike

You are right - he is filming the Stones I always forget to use that instead Thanks..

Where does it say that on Jet Blue page?

Gigi

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JFK strike

go to the jetblue website and click on "more" in the upper right hand corner on JFK alert