We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk in medical clinic??

Manitoba Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Walk in medical clinic??

Can anyone tell me if there is a walk in medical clinic on Provo? It's not an emergency but I need to get some antibiotics.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,955 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk in medical clinic??

You can either try the Hospital, or try Dr. Menzies at

http://www.doctor.tc/menzies.html

Just curious, how do you know you need antibiotics before seeing a doctor?

;-)

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk in medical clinic??

I think there's one in back of the IGA near Seven Stars, if not there's a pharmacy near there that can tell you.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk in medical clinic??

Associated Medical Services 331-4357 or 946-4242

Grace Bay Medical Center 231-0525 or 941-5252

After hours numbers are first as this is a holiday.

Pharmacies are great help here. If there is any substitute they can give you without a prescription they will do it.

Grace Bay Pharmacy 946-8242

Flamingo Pharmacy 941-4527

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk in medical clinic??

The answer to your question is YES. There are several clinics already mentioned in this post besides the Cheshire Hall Medical Centre(hospital). But your statement about the need to get some antibiotics, really bothered us. Both DR. VICKI & I do not capriciously prescribe antibiotics. In fact, if we or any of our 3 daughters need medication while we are in Provo guess what? We have to obtain a prescription from a physician licensed to practice in Turks & Caicos after EXAMINING the patient! We only hold medical licenses within the state we reside.To our knowledge, we do not believe there are any pen Doctors/Clinics (make$$$ the patient happy$$$) operating on Provo. Standards of medicine are very high in our opinion based upon touring the hospital and two of the clinics on Provo. We also seen the Bottle Creek And Kew Clinics on North Caicos. We might be living here in a few years. Next question please? DR. JIM

Edited: 26 December 2012, 21:36
Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk in medical clinic??

I do hope my post was not misunderstood. I know of no TCI doctor who will prescribe without examining, I know of no pharmacist who will give drugs without a prescription. I meant - if there is a substitute or helpful non-prescription remedy our pharmicists will help you. ie the best way to stop an airplane cold or a remedy for itching or sunburn or symptoms of dehydration etc. Common things among travellers.

I will assume the OP knows they need antibiotics because of an ongoing or repeat condition.

Manitoba Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk in medical clinic??

Relax everyone. I just knew this was going to be an issue for some. Of course I know I need to be examined by a doctor before being prescribed medication but I am also 47 years old and a woman and there are things you already without having a doctor tell you. I also didn't ask where I could get antibiotics without seeing a doctor. Isn't it doctors that work at a walkin clinic?

I am on holidays and want to spend the least amount of time not vacationing as possible. I am one of the last people to take antibiotics unless I absolutely have to.

I appreciate the time helpful posters took to give me the information I need. Thank you !

7. Re: Walk in medical clinic??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:17