We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

We are currently in T&C and will post a longer trip report next week but wanted to share a wonderful experience we had with Captain Levardo of Talbots Adventures. Our family of 3 had tried to schedule a private "island hopper" tour with 2 larger Provo boat operations and were unable to do so for various reason including lack of response from one vendor. Our beach attendent (more about him next week) recommended Captain Levardo and he responded right away. We did a 4 hour tour along the north cay beaches ending with a "drive by" of Pitt-Jolie vacation house, stopped for about 45 minutes to snorkel along the reef and then collected shells on St Georges beach. Captain Levardo was well informed of the island, polite and attentive. He spoke fondly of his family (he is 1 of 12 children who grew up on Salt Cay), the T&C islands, current island politics and events and his love of the ocean. We had a wonderful time with him and we would highly recommend him for touring the islands and other on-water adventures. One of our condo neighbors (plus wife and 2 teens) went out fishing with Captain Levardo the day before us and also had a wonderful experience. While we had a wonderful time, the reason I am writing this review is the most unexpected part of this story. When we stopped on St Georges I picked a small bucket of shells but shortly after arriving at the dock I realized that I had left them on the boat. I was a bit disappointed but figured I would have other chances to collect shells another time. Well, today when I returned from the beach, the front desk called and said that Captain Levardo wanted to have a word with me. Much to my surprise, he had realized I left the shells on his boat and made the trip to our condo to return them to me! Please give Captain Levardo a try if you visit Provo.

Caicos Dream Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Caribbean Cruisin Charters, Tours & Excursions
Scuba & Snorkeling, Waterskiing & Jetskiing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Oasis Divers
Fishing Charters & Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Kayaking & Canoeing
M & J's Charters
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Fishing Charters & Tours
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

Great story!! Never heard of him...can you please post his contact email, website, phone number, it will be very helpful.

Glad you enjoyed your adventure.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

This is a great post to share. I am the kind of person who really likes mini-stories; especally about the interaction with the locals on T & C. These are experiences and memories you have to remember for a lifetime. DR. JIM

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

I love this story too! So wonderful to hear about great customer service!

Like Ajax, I 've never heard or read anything about this company so decided to google it.

Here's the contact info for anyone looking to book a fishing trip....btw...the prices look pretty good to me!

Website - www.talbotadventures.com/

Phone - 649-331-3603 or 246-6089

Email- talbotadventures@gmail.com

Hope this helps anyone looking to book a fishing trip sometime in the near future!

Edited: 31 December 2012, 03:27
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

Here is the link:

http://talbotsadventures.com/

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

Thanks for the correction Joe!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

De nada. : )

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

Thanks for the story and info. I've bookmarked the website for future reference.

8. Re: Captain Levardo- Talbots Adventures Private Fishing Charters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 21:16