We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not Provo related but....

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Not Provo related but....

Check your tires on your car when you get home. I guess I had a slow leak and thought the funny feeling in my car was that I was used to rental cars. I'm now sitting here on the side of the highway waiting for a tow. $300 in a one month old tire shredded and hopefully an ok rim. Hopefully.... Idiot!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not Provo related but....

Ouch! Sorry to hear

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Not Provo related but....

I hope it wasn't the 401 hwy......that would be a nightmare!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not Provo related but....

Sorry to hear about your experience mikey.

Always check your tires before getting in the rental on vacation. Last year we drove out to Las Brisas and a tire was almost flat. It had a nail in it, but fortunately we made it back to Avis and they fixed it in 5 minutes. Glad the station across from Las Brisas had air available.

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not Provo related but....

I thankfully was on the 407 and managed to get over to the right shoulder in a very wide spot so I was safe. Rim is ok for $380 for a new tire. Won't do that again.

Funny my golf cart on Salt Cay had a slow leak that a local pointed out to us. Debbie had a scuba tank that she kept in her truck for filling up tires.

5. Re: Not Provo related but....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 06:16