We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June Air From Chicago?!

Chesterton, Indiana
Level Contributor
156 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
June Air From Chicago?!

I'm looking into booking a trip for my family for a first trip in June. I knew air would run more than Cancun area in Mexico but best price I'm seeing is in mid 600 range....this seems quite high? Still early to book air? Or is airfare just this costly typically?

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,041 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: June Air From Chicago?!

The answer to your questions are : Mid-600 range high--NO : To early to book--NO ::: Typically costly--YES . We fly out of Chicago sometimes from Detroit. We are going to Provo mid-August and paid $391 r/t / person Detroit to Miami to Provo. Total Flight time 7 hours to and 7 1/2 hrs. return. There are no direct flights out of Chicago or Detroit to Provo. I refuse to use 10 to 14 hours to get to Provo even if it's $150 less. Feel sorry for those who live West of St. Louis the time it takes them to get to Turks & Caicos. Envy the New York/ Boston area's direct flights though. Best days to fly are Tuesdays and Thursdays for decent rates. Keep checking Kayak , especially Tuesday afternoons. Grab that airfare if it falls below $600 especially if it's a shorty(7 hours or less). I want to leave 7:30 am and be on Provo at 2:30 pm. DR. JIM

Chicago
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June Air From Chicago?!

I hear you. My May flights out of ORD are running $850 right now. Yikes.

Luckily I have enough miles banked to cover one ticket, but still not thrilled about paying that much for the other ticket.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,029 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June Air From Chicago?!

BOOK IT!!! 600.00 is a great price. It will only go up! or book up. I always book my vacations 7 months a head for our June trip. Right now us air is charging 709.00 from Pittsburgh and that is more now then when I booked back in Nov.

Book it Book it Book it!!!!!! :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June Air From Chicago?!

We flew into Cancun in June 2010, I think we paid about $500 each for air and flew direct. In 2008 we paid about $650 each for air and had a 2 hour layover in Mexico City - brutal. So yeah, $600 or less sounds pretty good.

I am trying to go just about anywhere that isnt Mexico or Jamaica but there are no direct flights from Chicago; I cannot find squat.

5. Re: June Air From Chicago?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 05:16