We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alexandra Resort or Sands at Grace Bay

indianapolis
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Alexandra Resort or Sands at Grace Bay

We have stayed at the Sands before but was wondering about the Alexandra Resort. Would welcome any comments.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alexandra Resort or Sands at Grace Bay

I've stayed at both. I bought a timeshare at the Alexandra. Love both, but like that the Mango Reef is right outside my front door, and it's a closer walk to the Bight Reef. They now have room service, and a kids club.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alexandra Resort or Sands at Grace Bay

We just returned from our stay at the Alexandra and found it to be one of the most enjoyable experiences we've had on a vacation. Our unit, a 1br overlooked the garden area and pool. It was so peaceful and I particularly liked having a kitchen since there was nearby access to groceries via cab.

The Mango Reef dining experience was excellent, you simply cannot beat the view especially at sunset. Other area dining is great, my first suggestion would be the Beach House, more upscale but the food and service is incredible. The nearby Lemon Cafe is also a great escape for lunch. Both are close but a taxi is recommended. Also minutes away by cab or about a 20 minute walk is the Salt Mill, a great little shopping and dining area. A must see for all visitors.

What I like most about the Alexandra is the quality and cost of the overall experience. Spacious and comfortable accommodations, friendly staff and a host activities you can book off property such as diving and snorkeling. Grace Bay Beach is a beauty all its own, walking is such a treat along the beach.

The Sands is a vary nice resort, but the relaxed feeling and service quality I receive at the Alexandra is unbeatable. I was also surprised at the number of other guests I met that have stayed at the Alexandra year after year. I recommend giving the Alexandra a try as it is easy to see why it is the favorite place of so many guests.

3. Re: Alexandra Resort or Sands at Grace Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 07:15