We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our plans, so what do you think?

Holland, New York
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Our plans, so what do you think?

Well, we have 5.5 weeks or 39 days for our first time to the islands, but who is counting? And I apologize if this post is too long, but I am really getting excited. On arrival we meet car rental rep and off to the Sands for 4 nights. During our stay on Provo, this is what we are thinking of doing. When we get there, hang out at the beach with drink in hand and scope out Grace Bay Beach area. The next couple of full days, we are looking at visiting Taylor Bay, Sapodilla Bay, Chalk Sound are, with possible food stops at Las Brisa's, Bugaloos, da Conch Shack, Sailing Paradise to name a few and some of those stops could be just to quench our thirst. We would also like to eat at Bay Bistro and visit Somehwhere Cafe and of course Hemingways right at The Sands.

We also would like to take advantage of the included Hobie cat at The Sands. The last night on Provo will be just hanging out at our suite, the beach and some local beach bars.

Our next destination is North Caicos via TCI Ferry and onto Hollywood Beach Suites for 4 nights. This portion of our trip is the more relaxed part. Which we definitely are in need of. We will rent a car just for a day or 2 so we can visit Mudjin Harbor, Bambarra Beach, Three Mary Cays, maybe the caves. Our food destinations is of course Daniels, the new Mudjin Harbor Grill, Silver Palm Restaurant and of course hanging out at the Barracuda Beach Bar. Does all this sound possible to do? I know some of these places are closed either on Sunday or Monday and these are the days we are renting a car, so we might have to make 2 trips. Please suggest any other places we might want to fit in or a definite "not miss". I have been following this forum for awhile and it has been a wealth of knowledge. The only thing we are uncertain of is checking a bag so that we make take some snacks or things that we might want to have. Because I realize some things are a bit pricier than the states. When we went to Anguilla, we found the prices not too bad, actually. The checked bag thing will be a game time call, because usually on our trips we just do carryon's, which is doable for some people. And also depends on how long your vacation is for. So, with this being said, please offer any of your knowledge and I would be greatly appreciated. I will keep in touch!!! Thanks TA.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our plans, so what do you think?

Siounds a perfect plan!!

i would add;

sunsets drinks at MAGNOLIAS (dinner not required)

lunch at THE BEACH HOUSE

Wednesday night at SOMEWHERES (half price drinks and the fabulous SALLY GEENWOOD singing)

Pizza at BACI (or indeed any food there!!)

sunset cruise (many choices)

dont worry - you'll soon be here!!!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,929 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our plans, so what do you think?

During your stay at North, check out Wild Cow on Middle, it's stunning!

During your time in Provo, either Caicos Dream tours or Island Vibes excursion to Half Moon Bay, it's stunning!

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our plans, so what do you think?

CDT & IV both run excellant trips. if you want a slightly more relaxed trip to the same places, check out;

http://www.suncharters.tc/

An old schooner sailing ship, that does not pack the guests in like sardines (as some do) nice and quiet under sail and cheaper too.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Our plans, so what do you think?

Approved. DR. JIM

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Our plans, so what do you think?

If you don't decide to check a bag maybe you could slip a few of the absolute necessities into your carry on bag....I would include coffee, snack things like nuts and/or crackers...you will pay a lot more for these items on the island. Oh and also pack some zip lock baggies...they come in very handy. Don't forget sunscreen and bug spray but make sure it's under 3.4 oz (100 ml) or they will confiscate it....that happened to me....

Your plans sound great! Have fun!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,811 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our plans, so what do you think?

For the North Caicos part stop by Last Chance Bar & Grill to meet Howard and Cheryl and at least have a drink, although their food is very good too for lunch. Dinners are by reservation only. That will have to be one of the car days.

If you are going to have dinner at Silver Palm, let her know before hand. The Silver Palm lobster is very good if you are there before April 15th, which if I am counting correctly you will just miss? All fish is very good, lamb chops too.

There IS an ATM on North now in Bottlecreek, and many of the places are taking credit cards now too with a $25 minimum.

I also agree you must get out on the water while on Provo. We prefer suncharters/The Atabeyra too.

Have fun!

Holland, New York
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Our plans, so what do you think?

Thanks to all for their suggestions. To Husby-Amp, the Beach House does look interesting, will have to try and make it there. And thanks for the "heads up" withe 1/2 price drinks at Somewhere on Wednesdays with the singer. Should be fun.

To Blamona, will definitely try to check out Wild Cow on Middle. I have heard good things about that.

To Patty Newport, thanks for your suggestions. The bag thing is still up in the air, but will pack small snacks in carry on, for sure.

To Joebwan, I forgot about the Last Chance Bar, will make a point to stop for a drink or 2. Sounds like fun and relaxing. As for the lobster, at Silver Palm, we will miss that, we are on North the 20 - 24 of April. But will most likely still eat there.

I am sure I will post again soon, with other questions. The time now is 36 days to arrival on Provo the 16th of April. Yeah. Thanks T&C followers.

8. Re: Our plans, so what do you think?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 05:17