We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches vs Moon Palace

Iowa
Level Contributor
324 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches vs Moon Palace

Okay - I know there is no comparison when it comes to the actual beach & water. From what I'm reading I also know you can't compare Cancun to T&C. My question is more so - Does Beaches in T&C have an entertainment crew and how are activities for 17 year olds? We have stayed at the Moon Palace several times and love the activity around the pools. The beach is not a main concern. We would like to try something different but are worried that for the higher price, we may find Beaches too quiet. We also like the all-inclusives

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,038 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches vs Moon Palace

Beaches is far from quiet, but much of the entertainment is geared to small kids. There's a water park, and 17 year olds will meet others, but it's more family oriented

As for not going for the beach, TCI is about the beach, that's why everyone pays the big bucks.

If you want to go strictly as a different AI experience, you've picked the wrong island

TCI is about the beach, you need islands known for AI, dominican republic, Mexico, Jamaica.

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches vs Moon Palace

I have not been to Moon Place. But was just at Beaches with my 4 teenagers. I think I hit a bad week as there were not many teenagers when we went. But, as far as organized activities for teens... not really, They had beach volleyball everyday. My teens did visit the waterpark and liked the surf simulator but its more gear to smaller kids. The club they had for teenagers 12-17 before 11pm and 18 and up after, my 17 came back and said it was all 12 year olds in there and was not fun He went after 11pm but still said it was about 10 people total. We had a good time at Beaches and glad we tried it out.. but, I just don't think the cost would make us run back.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
611 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches vs Moon Palace

There is Club Liquid, but as others have indicated above, if there isn't the right mix of ages, then it won't be enjoyable.

Most of the teens that we met that really enjoyed their visit were ones that were divers.

4. Re: Beaches vs Moon Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 06:16