We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal West Indies or Ocean Club?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
171 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Royal West Indies or Ocean Club?

My husband and I (along with ou 6 yo twins) looking into going to Provo the week after Christmas. Due to limited availability of rooms and high season prices, our two choices are RWI and Ocean Club one bedrooms. We went to Provo in Dec 2011 and stayed at the Veranda (which I know is no longer an option). We loved it, but don't need or expect that level of luxury. We're just looking for a clean, comfortable suite in a good location. Which of the two would you choose and why? Thanks!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal West Indies or Ocean Club?

We have stayed at Ocean Club and really loved it. Never stayed at RWI but have dined there many times. RWI grounds are just gorgeous! Very tropical. OC is located on a pretty quiet stretch of beach but during that time it will be busy,,as will RWI. I know RWI offers some beach amenities that OC does not like hobie cats, kayaks etc. RWI is a little more centrally located than OC, but you will need a car to stay at either. They both have beautiful beach fronts. I would say RWI is a bit more "upscale" then OC . OC does have the oceanfront dining at the Cabana Bar which is really nice. RWI restaurant does not off oceanfront dining.

The one thing that is very appealing about staying at OC is that you can use all the amenities of their sister property at Ocean Club West. They offer a free shuttle between the properties. OCW is very close to some great restaurants and the grocery store as well.

So good luck with your decision. I think you will be very happy with either property.

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal West Indies or Ocean Club?

I agree with Patty. We have stayed at RWI several times and OC once..The grounds at RWI are tropical and very pretty. I feel that RWI is not as dated as OC..Really can't go wrong with either.

New Brunswick, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal West Indies or Ocean Club?

You can't go wrong with RWI. They keep things ship shape, and the staff is very responsive and friendly.

OC is probably fine, but somehow it's not quite as lovely.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal West Indies or Ocean Club?

I personally prefer Ocean Club West. The layout is more intimate and the grounds are prettier I think. I've stayed there many times and it is like a second home. It too offers oceanside dining at Seaside Cafe as well as an easy walk to many shops and restaurants in the heart of Grace Bay. I agree that RWI may be a little more modern, but that doesn't necessarily make it better IMHO.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal West Indies or Ocean Club?

9x OCW, 1x RWI. Agree with provobum, just feels like a second home.(i do have granite countertops at home, but i certainly dont need them) Seaside cafe's deck is literally ocean front. Doesn't get much hype on here, but ok with me, keep the crowds away. The layout, pool, grounds are all beautiful and give you a reall beachy laid back feel. Did like RWI very much, but liked an easy walk to more.

6. Re: Royal West Indies or Ocean Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:16