We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting timeshare

Boston
11 posts
Save Topic
Renting timeshare

Anyone know where I can go to rent a timeshare in Turks and Caicos. I would rather not rent through a timeshare websit like red week.com, I prefer to go through hotel websites which offer owner message boards, or another trustworthy method. Thanks

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting timeshare

The ONLY timeshare property in TCI is Alexandra.

And....I believe only some of the buildings on the property.

Perhaps Camke will elaborate.

Or...you could call the resort.

Mike

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting timeshare

The Chelsea building is the only timeshare building at the Alexandra. It's oceanfront and the condos are very nice.

Is there a special reason you're looking to rent a timeshare? Are you looking at exchanges through RCI or II?

Boston
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting timeshare

The reason is I have found it more affordable in the past.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting timeshare

I just sent you a private message.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,540 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting timeshare

Almost all the resorts in Provo are condos. Wile only 1 timeshare building in 1 resort, almost all the units of resorts are individually owned placed into rental pools treated like resorts, similar to timeshares.

The few timeshare owners in Provo very rarely give up their week, usually a 3-4 year waiting period even for those trying to trade.

However, some resorts allow rentals directly by owner, such as through vrbo and Flipkey (owned by Tripadvisor)

You'll be hard pressed getting a timeshare rental, and even if you do won't be much different than going through the resort.

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting timeshare

I used VRBO and found a great deal for a ocean view studio at The Alexandria in May - $1300 for the week. (At least, I think this is a great deal.)

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
596 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting timeshare

We also used VRBO to rent a ocean view studio , the price was much less than going directly through the resort.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 21:35
New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting timeshare

Stella39 What should I check when renting a timeshare at Alexandra? I'm really scared to rent, send money and arrive there and not have keys etc...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renting timeshare

Stella39 What should I check when renting a timeshare at Alexandra? I'm really scared to rent, send money and arrive there and not have keys etc

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renting timeshare

lumoreira - You'll want to talk to the person renting it to you and confirm that they are who they say they are and Google their name to see if any issues come up.

If you rent through VRBO, I suggest reading through the reviews and also buying the insurance - it's very inexpensive.

Good luck.